SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Escaping from behind enemy lines tomorrow!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Escaping from behind enemy lines tomorrow! Login/Join 
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted
We close on the Colorado house tomorrow at 11:00 and we then become officially "homeless" (or more accurately "full-time RVers" but only temporarily) while we house hunt in Oklahoma.

Everything went into storage and we have areas in Western Oklahoma we've been down looking around.

The big reasons for the move center around what has happened to a once pretty open and free place to live. I've been in Park County for 35 years and since we're less than a tank of gas from Denver there has been a steady increase up here in traffic, weekenders, liberal politics (did I mention traffic?).

The last straws for me were (1) what the liberal-dominated legislature did to policing in this state; (2) the lock-step bullshit with the covid mask nonsense etc. and (3) the urban voters completely overriding rural Colorado (such as wolf reintroduction being passed as a ballot initiative by citidiots. And there's more in the works...).

The Missus has tried valiantly to grow a garden but at 10,000 feet with a more-or-less 6 day growing season she was doomed to failure. When I lived down by Lawton in the 80s we had a volunteer garden. She's excited and after being a cop wife for all those years, now it's her time.

Oklahoma's the greenest place I ever lived and the people down there are the friendliest I ever ran across. And too top it off, there are no blue counties in the state. None. 0.

So we might be "Laters" rather than "Sooners", but we're southbound after closing tomorrow and we sure as Hell aren't bringing any residual Colorado liberal bullshit with us!

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Awesome

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Oklahomans, Nebraskans, Wyomingites, all among the best people I’ve met in my life.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and welcome!

I was born and raised in SW Oklahoma and still have lots of family in the area.

Best wishes to you, and if you have any questions please email me (in my profile).

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the move to the "sooner" state. Spent several years in the Lawton/FT. Sill area in the early 1970"s............... drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Sad to see the title of this thread about the beautiful state of Colorado.

When we left in 2007, it was a vibrant Republican state only to turn to the dark side in 2008. I didn’t realize how bad it had gotten until we returned in 2019. Fuck Pat Stryker and the other libs that strategized to change the politics of the state.

One can only hope that with the influx of people from other states, it will pull the political spectrum back to the right.....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5747 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
The last sentence of your post was the best. Enjoy your new digs and congrats. Sure you will love it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
We left California in August for NC for the same reasons x10. Freedom feels good my friend, enjoy it. The federal liberals will attempt to turn the entire country into what you’re escaping, but at least your new brethren will fight back. Congratulations.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better lucky than good
Picture of r2mach1
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the move out of Calirado! My mother, brother, wife, kids and I are all CO natives and I used to be proud to say I/we Coloradans but certainly not anymore. We feel exactly the same way as you do and the wife and I are possibly contemplating our own exodus in the next 3-4 years. Time and family will determine if that will actually happen or not but we are definitely interested in the idea.

Best of luck on the move to greener pastures...enjoy!!

Class III FFL/SOT firearms dealer

Posts: 3645 | Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sister and brother in law moved to Seminole, OK a couple of years ago and really love it. We have visited them several times and it is a beautiful place. They bought 20 acres and have a nice home on the acreage. Seminole is just south of I40 between OKC and Tulsa. Seminole is a nice town and has most everything one could want. A much larger town, Shawnee, is about 25-30 miles north of them and also a great place.

Posts: 263 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Sorry to see you leave, but I fully understand.
All the best.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47368 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I'm also sad to see another Conservative, but I certainly understand! Congrats on selling your place and moving to greener pastures!

Hopefully you made a tidy sum on your sale. My neighbor 2 houses down just sold their place they bought right before us in 2007. I think they made $300k on it. Real estate is crazy now!

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I moved to OK recently.

People are super!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cusingeorge
posted Hide Post
Welcome to my home state, and area, where I live.

We can always use another "like-minded" family. Good luck finding a house, where are you looking?

My tongue swore, but my mind was still unpledged.

Posts: 2195 | Location: Calumet, Oklahoma  | Registered: August 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I left Colorado last year, couldnt take the politics,traffic and the crowds every where you went. Ended up in Florida in the Palm Coast area. So far so good.

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!

Good to have a strong northern buffer to Texas

Posts: 3497 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm happy for you. I have a cousin in Oklahoma, but he's on the border with Missouri. Enjoy your new home, wherever it becomes.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Best of luck!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Color me jealous as sh*t! I'm glad for you!! We hope to get out NewYorkistan within 10 years. Looking hard at Tennessee, even if we have to shoot our way out!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post