Find
Notify
Tools

iOS 11 Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
Who's installed the iSO 11 upgrade? Did mine this morning on my iPhone 7 and all went well. I'll need some time to explore all of the new features. The new control center looks good, and a lot of the Apple apps have a fresh look.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NavyGuy,

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I don't use Apple Pay. I hope it stops asking me to add it.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did. No problems

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I checked and it looks like optional for me to download. Before, I would get bugged to download and install until I do.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
You might want to tweak the thread title from "iSO 11" to "IOS 11".

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
You might want to tweak the thread title from "iSO 11" to "IOS 11".

Yes, I only clicked because I suspected a typo.

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I'm on an iPhone 5s. Any reason for me to install, or to NOT install, iOS 11?

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I installed ISO11. No problems so far.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I've been running it on my iPad and iPhone for a week. (Downloaded the beta version on the iPad a few weeks ago, if you're registered with a beta account the full update drops a week earlier).

The only issue (Microsoft and Apple have both acknowledged it) I have seen is a glitch occasionally in replying to emails if your mail account is running on MS Exchange and Office 365.

There are a lot of neat features and as others have noted, the new Control Center is an improvement. Just realized today that you can customize buttons on Control Center for quick access when swiping up. I added a shortcut to Magnifier which is pretty handy.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
The new screen capture feature is pretty cool also.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Downloaded iOS 11 onto four devices yesterday. Nice improvement and they’re all running smoothly.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
I did and I love Do Not Disturb While Driving! My wife is terrible about sending me things when she knows I'm driving. Other features are ok.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
iPad and 7+ yesterday. Went very smoothly

Can definitely see colors are optimized for the next gen phone screens

Little learning curve ahead to find the functionality I like

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I can see this being a big problem for people with 16GB-32GB iPhones and not a lot of space. 2GB just to install? Damn.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I don't use Apple Pay. I hope it stops asking me to add it.

You might want to reconsider that. Seriously. I'm not talking about for the convenience or the "cool factor," but for the security.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Installed it late last night. No problems thus far. Anyone using the new File app yet?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16349 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
anybody using ios11 with enterprise Outlook? Sounds like there are some issues but not sure how prevalent.....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Anyone got a link to the list of new features?
I have an SE and works just fine. I am always worried about the updates to slow me down since I am always a few phone generations behind.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Anyone got a link to the list of new features?
I have an SE and works just fine. I am always worried about the updates to slow me down since I am always a few phone generations behind.

Pretty good summary, albeit in slideshow format.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Been using the beta for about a month, nice refresh with some decent upgrades.

Maps now has speed limit info, drag and drop functionality, etc.

My favorite so far is being able to put my most used apps in the tray on my use iPad and have it resize. I have 14 icons in it and nothing on the main screen, very clean look.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post