SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lerner, Paz say they fear physical harm from enraged public, want IRS testimony sealed permanently
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lerner, Paz say they fear physical harm from enraged public, want IRS testimony sealed permanently Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
Here is the deal I would offer: Both you and the transcripts can be sealed in perpetuity - in a cell. Take it or leave it!

I was kinda hoping for a hole covered with concrete but I'll settle for a cell I guess.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I doubt they are afraid of what they say they are afraid of.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
jhe

you interested in signing on for a FOIA request?

I know little more about FOIA than you do. I'm not your man.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
jhe

you interested in signing on for a FOIA request?

I could write one, provided I had some specifics about these depositions.

I'm not a lawyer, but I've been on the other side, watching fed.gov staff who were doing all they could to not find or release the information the petitioner sought.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I think you guys wanting to get the sealed files by FOIA is a wast of time. Its probably not subject to that kind of request. This one they're trying to get a judge to seal. It may be appealed to a higher court, but its probably why the jerks are going this way. They'll get a friendly judge to lock it up forever. The other side will never get a fair hearing on the matter. If you can somehow appeal it, it will be on your dime, not the governments. Appeals aren't cheap.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Short of specific information on individual returns, there's not a damn thing that the IRS does that should be secret.

They are our employees, working on our business, and we should demand full transparency.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I've been reading about FOIA requests, although there is no specific format, they do have a form, and it can be emailed, faxed or snail mail delivered

it needs however to be very specific in the documents requested

I will keep working on it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post