SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lerner, Paz say they fear physical harm from enraged public, want IRS testimony sealed permanently
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lerner, Paz say they fear physical harm from enraged public, want IRS testimony sealed permanently Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Fuck it - make everything public and let the consequences happen as they may.

Life (living) is too good for them. They get off easy with anything that may happen.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Hey Lois:

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
And yet she wont be charged with anything or prosecuted. Disgraceful.

I hope the Judge denies her motion. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
This bitch was all but assured that Cliton would bury this.... Surprise That Bitch lost!
"Hang 'er High!"

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Here is what the left learned:

1. Weaponizing the IRS against you political enemies is acceptable

2. When you do weaponize a federal agency against one political ideology, DON'T GET CAUGHT! It's embarrasing.

And the DOJ (taxpayers) might have to pay a settlement and make you say sorry.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The standard to NOT disclose ought to be significantly higher than the inverse; after all, they were public employees working for a public entity in a public case about their misbehavior. Short of catching the next Charles Manson camping out in her backyard with weaponized anthrax, how can she possibly demonstrate a real treat that's meaningful enough to outweigh the public's need - Right, even - to know WTF our government is doing? The whole thing - her entire argument - seems pear shaped in the extreme.

Who cares if she's being called a "scum sucking devil of immeasurable proportions who is also a criminal thug that deserves ten years of public flogging before being set on fire" unless there's a very real threat someone specific will act on those words?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Here is what the left learned:

1. Weaponizing the IRS against you political enemies is acceptable

2. When you do weaponize a federal agency against one political ideology, DON'T GET CAUGHT! It's embarrasing.

And the DOJ (taxpayers) might have to pay a settlement and make you say sorry.

I think that's a fair summary. I might suggest that weaponizing the IRS is acceptable for liberals. Had conservatives done so, there would have been hell to pay, 24/7, until the last farthing of punishment was paid.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They're scared? Good!

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
The depositions should be unsealed and made public. If Lerner and Paz are so worried about their safety let them be sealed in perpetuity. Perhaps their own version of Witless protection where they live the rest of their miserable lives somewhere cold and harsh in demeaning jobs. Cuppa tea ladies?

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
If government officials don't want the people to know what they were up to, because the people might show up at their house with pitchforks and torches, then the people probably ought to know what kind of shenanigans those officials were getting up to. Then they become a cautionary tale for future government officials, screw around with the people, and you might find yourself in a tall tree with a short rope.

"If someone is so fearful that they are going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, it makes me very nervous that these people have weapons at all." U.S. Rep. Henry Waxman

OK, then tell us who told you to do this. And don't tell us that it was all your own idea. - Woodman

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I guess she figures that there is a lot of room now in the special hidden document warehouse now that all the Kennedy files have been cleared out.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
well, most of us here are either right-leaning republicans, TEA party members or asssociate with political affiliations that were actively discriminated against.

we might not have lawsuit, but as a group cant we FOIA ALL of the info and have it published?

I think SIG2340 has a better argument, but as a group we've been abused by the system (Lerner and her cronies)

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The government settled the class-action lawsuit in Ohio and another tea party challenge in the District of Columbia in two agreements last month, admitting to the illegal behavior. The Ohio settlement also called for the government to pay $3.5 million to the tea party groups, according to one of the plaintiffs.

Why do we taxpayers have to pay this? They should make Lerner and every asshole involved in that crap pay it. Then prosecute them and put them in jail.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
24 years Fed service, 5 more county & state.

29 years worth of public employment, and I've never once worried about what an "enraged public" might do if the scope of my activities were revealed.

I offer that this might be a good "pulse check" for fellow civil servants: If your planned behavior will likely incite the ordinarily complacent, law-abiding citizenry to armed revolt, perhaps you shouldvrethink whatever it is you're about to do.

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
We need to get Jeff Sessions off his butt on this and start going after IRS convictions.

I hope someone releases the "sealed" testimony and it triggers a public outcry.

REPs don't how to play the game. It's like the "dossier". Leak out crazy stuff and force them to unseal to defend.

Harry Reid knows that game.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
They are smart to be afraid. Too bad the public wasn't a bit smarter because then we'd get to see a "lynch a bitch".

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
does SigForum have any legal standing to file a class action lawsuit for the release of ALL of the info under a FOIA and we can publish it all

just curious - we have a shitload of members who might like to be part of something nice

One doesn't file a class action to make a FOIA request. You just make it. If you don't get what you want, and want to litigate it then you can file a suit, then you sue. That isn't a class action.

That isn't how class actions are used or what they are designed for.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After she's assured that the depositions and documents will remained sealed, and after she's done giving up all the goods, just have the same accidental release of sealed records that allowed Obama to use against his opponent in the Illinois senatorial race. Goose, gander, and all that.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
jhe

you interested in signing on for a FOIA request?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Here is the deal I would offer: Both you and the transcripts can be sealed in perpetuity - in a cell. Take it or leave it!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post