SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else have in a "Mixed Marriage"? Red/Blue
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else have in a "Mixed Marriage"? Red/Blue Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I have found, generally speaking, that liberal girls are fun to sleep with, ok to date, and awful to marry.

Wish I had learned that lesson the first time. Seems recently I hit the jackpot.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Tabitha was apolitical until Trump came along and it was the first time she ever voted.

She is 100% gender role traditional, even though I refuse to get married. It's more of a financial decision than anything else.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
Just shoot me already. Now that ACB has been confirmed, my wife and daughter are sure the world is going to end, Roe vs. Wade will be overturned, women will lose control of their reproductive rights and all kinds of other bad shit is going to happen.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

Wait until next week Wink

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bob ramberg:
Just shoot me already. Now that ACB has been confirmed, my wife and daughter are sure the world is going to end, Roe vs. Wade will be overturned, women will lose control of their reproductive rights and all kinds of other bad shit is going to happen.
IMO, the decision to not have a child should be made before one is conceived, not by an abortion later. I doubt that contraceptives will suddenly be removed from the market, and abstinence is free. Reproductive "rights" will not be eliminated, just maybe made more expensive or inconvenient. Get over it, ladies.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’d say chicks are welcome to take it in the butt, then I recall that dems all seem to be ass babies so maybe that’s not a great idea.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
Their concern is the issue of pregnancy due to a rape. I think there needs to be exceptions and I agree with them on this issue.

On another note, may daughter is threatening to go back to California and my wife is threatening to go with her. She came home since everyone was working remotely due to COVID. I hate to think a fucking election would alienate both my wife and daughter. This is so fucked up.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
No only no, but hell no. My wife and both children are conservative.

I couldn't imagine that.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

...My wife was "blue" when we were first married. She is no longer. In fact she's as red as I, if not more so...

Very similar situation here. My wife grew up in a blue collar union family in southern CO, voting Dem was expected. For about 25 years we did not discuss politics.

Three years ago on a Viking river cruise a red another couple started us talking about politics, I was STUNNED to hear my wife say she voted for Trump mainly because of Hillary. Maybe my watching Fox News helped.

I was thrilled that she finally saw the light, ever more so that she figured it out on her own.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Opposites but she's too lazy to vote so it doesn't matter. Big Grin Me? Sure did vote! Big Grin

But her and her family's thinking is liberal because that's what they were told by their plantation masters. Her father, supreme piece of shit dirtbag by any race, religion, etc. hates President Trump and all he can talk about are Trump's taxes and how he says mean things. This is a dude who claims to be a Vietnam veteran and retired military yet doesn't carry his blue card anywhere.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Mrs DF and I sat down at the dining room table and voted today. She made sure I voted the right way lol. We are ideologically identical but she wanted to be durn sure I didn’t screw up somehow. Kanye was on the ballot and I teased a vote for him. Looked up at Mrs DF’s face and she gave me that squinty Asian stink eye. I’ve suffered that many times before. It can be unpleasant. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife started blue after living with me for 30 plus years she is now a Trump fan girl, she has passed me on going right.

My son started right and has drifted left being on the left coast in high tech.

I am hoping that he will come back to the fold has where he lives becomes a bigger shit hole.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are political soulmates. I do have a few friends who are not so lucky, two of which are members here, but apparently are to embarrassed to post it here.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
My wife started blue after living with me for 30 plus years she is now a Trump fan girl, she has passed me on going right.

I am hoping that he will come back to the fold has where he lives becomes a bigger shit hole.

I have the same situation. My son is living in Menlo Park, CA and his girlfriend is an exec. @ Facebook... Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are both conservative and vote that way. 2 of our 4 kids same, other 2 are libertarian types, who don't argue politics with anyone.

I was pleasantly surprised after years of thinking my wife's family were libs, to find out they were ardent Trump supporters.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1934 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine being polar opposites with my wife. Forget politics the value system affects just about everything you do from raising kids to finances and everything in between.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:

The misconception of the roles of courts and Justices by the left astounds me. Got into an argument with my wife over court packing (still paying for it). According to her, she needs to hear “both sides” of the issue.

The other side of the argument is Venezuela.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:

I have the same situation. My son is living in Menlo Park, CA and his girlfriend is an exec. @ Facebook... Roll Eyes

What happens in the voting booth stays in the voting booth......

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Their concern is the issue of pregnancy due to a rape. I think there needs to be exceptions and I agree with them on this issue.

Not to derail this thread, but that is a fake argument. Fewer than 1% of abortions are due to rape or incest.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad I wasn’t the only one to think that was a bs argument.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post