SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I find myself App-less, how do others survive?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I find myself App-less, how do others survive? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
My phone is a flip-phone!! I have a simple computer, and zero apps. One doesn't miss what one doesn't have(and not know how to utilize)!!
Pretty much the same here. I have a Jitterbug® flip phone, a desktop computer (running W7Pro), a laptop (running W7), a tablet (which I don't really know what to do with--no aps--it was a gift), and a landline phone. The flip phone is never turned on unless I want to make a call, and I don't give the number to anyone. Both the laptop and desktop computers are connected to the Internet, but the laptop is normally only powered up when I'm away from home. I have Caller-ID on my landline phone and I don't answer any calls I don't recognize the caller. I principally communicate via the gun fora and e-mail.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a $23 Microsoft LUmina phone i bought at Krogers on sale.

I love it but it is about to die.
I think I occasionally use four apps, maybe 5 and that is really pushing it.

If we consider the text function an app that is the only thing i use regularly. Everything else is very sporadic.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I have around 55 apps on my phone, i have way more then that on my work iPad.

I probably use 4 or 5 apps on a close to daily basis and maybe 10-12 apps i use on a weekly basis.

Many of my apps are rarely ever used, but when I do need it, it is already loaded up and ready. I have a few apps I have never used but have them just in case.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
No smart phone for me or my wife, no apps.

We survive as best we can... Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
No smart phone, no apps, no problem.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I have 285 apps on my iphone...Settings...General...About and you can look at the Applications line to find an exact number.

I use a couple dozen pretty regularly. Voice control on my Sonos. I use other voice controlled appliances occasionally, but Sonos on a daily basis. I use online/electronic access for almost everything.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
You should put one on layaway at Walmart. Wink It's worth a shot!

Posts: 11385 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
You should put one on layaway at Walmart. Wink It's worth a shot!
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

Less-used apps include a wireless endoscope

Does this app work well? Which wireless endoscope do you use with it, and what is the name of the app?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
I are a Wazer Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:

Does this app work well? Which wireless endoscope do you use with it, and what is the name of the app?

This one from Amazon. Software included.

I'm pleased with it, good sharp images, and the ability to use the camera on the phone to capture them.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
App, short for application - a program or piece of software designed and written to fulfill a particular purpose of the user.

I can't help but wonder how an App-less fellow communicates on SigForum?

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

I can't help but wonder how an App-less fellow communicates on SigForum?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Mine quit working ever since Scottie died so I guess I am stuck here. Frown

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
He who has the most apps goes last.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I have a 2006 Sanyo flip phone.
No apps possible.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
As for cars...

I drive a 19 year old truck. The AM-FM Radio / CD player died about 10 years ago. There is no Bluetooth and no Satellite radio, the speedometer is a mechanical dial type, and, since there is no back-up cam, I have to turn my head around when I go in reverse. I use a key to unlock the door. I sometime remember to use "The Club" when I park it so it doesn't get ripped off, but then again, I'm not sure a car thief would know how to use the clutch.

No GPS, so I carry a set of 10 year old Thomas Bothers Maps in the side pocket.

The only smart features are the dome light comes on when I open the door, and the car buzzes at me when I disconnect the seat belt.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
I are a Wazer Big Grin
I had to do a web search on that. I presume you mean you use the "Waze" ap to find your way around?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
ESP?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post