SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I find myself App-less, how do others survive?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I find myself App-less, how do others survive? Login/Join 
posted
I don't own a smart phone a computer or appliances that I need to talk too.

Am I the only one ?

what am I missing ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not everyone has access to the Media Center on the Mothership, bendable.

BTW, thanks for the Christmas card. Smile

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107460 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
How do you communicate with the mother-ship?

(I don't use the talking features of my phone. It isn't quicker or better than the touch-screen.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you are welcome.

how many app's does the average s.f. member have? i wonder

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Maybe he goes directly to the sources?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’ve gone completely the opposite way. My house is completely automated. I can do everything from vaccumming, to water my grass, turn on lights, open doors, and even start my gas fireplace with just my voice.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Poor hapless, app-less Bendable.
Merry Christmas!

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My phone is a flip-phone!! I have a simple computer, and zero apps. One doesn't miss what one doesn't have(and not know how to utilize)!!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Bendable is an appless chap.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Bendable has the mailing address to the mother-ship?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29679 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

(I don't use the talking features of my phone. It isn't quicker or better than the touch-screen.)
Bendable probably utilizes Quantum entanglement to reach the mother-ship.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Have or use? I have about 25 on my phone and use about 3-4 on a regular basis. The others are for occasional or rare use (and if storage ever became an issue on the phone they'd be deleted without hesitation).

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6721 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Hah! Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

I have about 40 - 50 apps on my phone, most I use infrequently, but I'd say about 10 I use on a daily basis.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I resisted the whole smart phone thing, especially texting, for a VERY long time. Strictly for yuppies, don'tcha know...

Well, silly me.

I have several apps that I use regularly:

A-car for tracking gas fill-ups and mileage on my vehicles.

WalMart and Home Depot store apps so I can find stuff vice waiting around for some mouth-breathing associate to notice that I need help.

A grocery store app that lets me clip coupons on-line and have them automatically deducted at the register as well as automatically applying a 2% discount on any store brands.

Less-used apps include a wireless endoscope, a GPS connected speedometer, and a motorcycle parts lookup for a multi-brand dealer.

And for getting in touch with kids and grandkids, texting is the shizznitz, especially for us hearing-impaired types.

Also, Bluetooth connectivity in my car and truck is a blessing. Not only the hands-free aspect, but seeing as it's piped through the vehicles sound system, I can actually HEAR people.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

Semaphore, of course.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31419 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Maybe bendable is better off than the rest of us

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/1...ail-report-says.html

“Popular apps like WeatherBug and GasBuddy are tracking your location with incredible detail, report says“

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

(I actually laughed aloud)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
If I never had eaten bacon in my life I wouldn't miss it would I. The same could be said about apps.

Out of curiosity I counted the apps that I use regularly and came up with 13. I was a little surprised at that number.

I eat bacon on a regular basis and I use apps daily and I would sure as hell miss them if they went away.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once in a while my phone asks me to say a command.

"Shut the Hell up" is a command.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post