SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Use PayFlex FSA (Flexible Spending Account)?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Use PayFlex FSA (Flexible Spending Account)? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
We have the option with my employer to have an FSA and I've been using it going on year 2 now. You contribute weekly to it, but the entire amount you elected to go with ($2,300) this year is available to you right away as of Jan 1 each year. It really comes in handy for routine doctor visits or trips to the local urgent care facility.

The service that manages it is called PayFlex and we have the option to be paid directly for a claim (that we have paid out of pocket) or pay the claim directly to the doctor's office.

I've filed several "pay them" claims recently and follow the instructions on the website precisely and furnish all documentation and EACH TIME they seem to screw up and send US the money instead of to the doctor, meanwhile we think it's been paid and it hasn't.

Has anyone else used PayFlex and had these issues?

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
WOW. Eek

Just looked this company up on Yelp and the reviews are 100% universally negative. Sounds like they just plain suck at what they are supposed to be doing.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Do you have any option to get into an HSA?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
We had PayFlex last year.

I always had the money go direct deposit into my checking account.

Would fax the paper claim form in to them.

Thru all the years of battling with third part MD Billing I always wanted the ability to pull up a canceled check and resend it to them when they claimed the bill was still outstanding.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Payflex handles the HSA part of my Aetna insurance. No problems over the past couple of years.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Our company used Payflex for a few years for our medical FSA, but it was so troublesome they switched to a company in NJ called Benny - so far so good.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post