SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oklahoma and Kansas Members: Stay Safe!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oklahoma and Kansas Members: Stay Safe! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I'm reading that there may very well be a big tornado outbreak in Oklahoma and Kansas today due to this volatile weather across the US?

Last week in PA it was in the 40's and I had the heat on, today it's 91 degrees. Crazy!

Stay safe and keep your heads on a swivel!

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
And it is all because of Repubs who drive SUV's. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

Ugh. Every thread in this place lately.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
The weather people have been talking about this for a couple days. Hopefully they're wrong.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Yes, serious elevated risk today and tomorrow. I'm putting extra rocks in my pockets.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Indeed, stay safe.

A good friend lost everything save his and his family's lives two nights ago at the hands of the tornado that leveled Elk City, OK.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
So far, so good, at least where I live, no hail, no tornadoes, and the weatherman thinks that is what it'll be the rest of the night. There might be some rougher stuff north and west of me and storms are in the forecast for tomorrow.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife is stranded at MCI at present. Hope there's a chance she get on a flight out...

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last 3 nights we've dodged a bullet in our NE Iowa town, but everyone around us has been hammered. A semi was blown off the road and the driver was killed. It's been insane and looks to be winding up for another round later tonight.

Posts: 715 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

Sigh.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Hey now, it's not like Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas are known for spring severe weather. This might be unprecedented and possibly caused by SUVs. Do I even need a sarcasm flag?

Seriously though this shit terrifies me and I am 800 miles away at the moment. I have a hard time with the serial killer weather in the south/plains. I miss living where the weather meant dressing differently not causing PTSD.

Stay safe all. Prayers, good thoughts and sympathetic terror all heading your way.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I live about 30 miles west of Topeka. We had marble size hail and 4" of rain but dodged the tornados.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CNYTX11
posted Hide Post
just outside west of KC.
1 inch of rain in under an hour; golf ball sized hail.
Flash flooding at the creeks in the area.Wicked air pressure -- and electric outages.

No tornadoes ... yet.

S&W M-66-2 (3")/ S&W M-65LS (3")/ S&W M-10 (2")/Colt Combat Commander Series 70

Posts: 651 | Location: Johnson County, KS | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Saw this on the weather tonite. Could be bad, you folks stay safe.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CNYTX11:
just outside west of KC.
1 inch of rain in under an hour; golf ball sized hail.
Flash flooding at the creeks in the area.Wicked air pressure -- and electric outages.

No tornadoes ... yet.
The trucking network tonight is saying hail in Texas tennis ball size. What the hell? Where do you go when that happens? I cant imagine the damage that would do.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
No electricity on my block in Oklahoma City, we had 50 mph winds come through last night and we all heard the transformer blow.

I would have thought we would have caught a break this time. We had 70 to 80 mph straight line winds 3 weeks ago and it knocked over a ton of of trees. We were without power for 3 days. Nearly everyone in thr neighborhood had a pile of tree limbs the size of a truck at the curb.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1887 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I think it's ok in my part of OKC, sun is up now so I can look around outside for damage. We had really strong winds last night, as noted above.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Looks like the WX God's are tuning up again this afternoon. Had about an inch of rain in a half hour or so in Wichita at about noon. WX radio is spewing Tornado Warnings and Watches every few minutes now. Another interesting evening.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post