SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need help identifying these objects.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help identifying these objects. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
What are these? I'm asking for a friend and know nothing more about them.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like something to do with an extension ladder?

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
'm asking for a friend and know nothing more about them.

Asking for a friend.....Coming from you I am skeptical. LOL

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
looks like some sort of secured storage hook to me, mount it through to the holes in the "feet" and you've got the little tabs to hold whatever it is in place.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I'd guess they are curtain rod brackets.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
'm asking for a friend and know nothing more about them.

Asking for a friend.....Coming from you I am skeptical. LOL
I have friends, Epsteinesque though they may be. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have friends, Epsteinesque though they may be.

LOL I was referring to people asking questions for a friend. You know the guy who wants to know the answer to a question but is too ashamed to admit that he is the one with the problem. To me the objects looked like some sort of restraint device. LOL

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
looks like some sort of secured storage hook to me, mount it through to the holes in the "feet" and you've got the little tabs to hold whatever it is in place.

Likewise. My first thought was a n old pot hook over a fireplace, but I think those would have more of a swing arm.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Brackets for a sex dungeon, probably.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Probably some of the evidence Epstein was trying to get rid of. *s*

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Failed design for cowboy boot spurs? I go with curtain rod brackets if correct answer wins a prize.

Posts: 4682 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Brackets for a sex dungeon, probably.

Yeah knowing the proclivities of the OP that is a distinct possibility.

posted Hide Post
While I can't identify them specifically, I suspect they may be a pair of brackets that go on an old cast steel equipment leg of some sort. Looking at the size of the mounting feet : they look like a bolt goes through them. Is there evidence that a flat washer sat on them? Also, the feet don't look to sit flat if they were stood up, which is why I think they were attachments to a cast machine leg that had a contoured surface. Also, judging from the hook mechanism, it looks like a piece of flat bar, possibly with a second flat bar attached, would sit into the notch very effectively. Maybe for a straight, sharp cutting edge? Maybe a table extension for some type of industrial cutting table? I can't really tell how "heavy duty" they are without a side view.

My best guess anyway.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It would help to have some idea of their size. How tall are they?

FWIW, I found this item on the web: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vinta...d:g:0X4AAOSwrTFdRxmw

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
To add to KenS's observations, it looks like the swivel latches(?) swing into place, wedging the rectangular something that went through the hooks.

ETA: I tried editing the image to just the silver UMO (Unidentified metal object) and cleaned it up. TinEye did not find any matches for the image.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it helps, one looks to be cast iron and the other cast aluminum. This should narrow their time of production. Cast aluminum was much rarer before 1900 (approx.)

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know what type of bracket they are, but I would say they are upside down. Turn them around and the swing arm holds the flat (whatever) in place.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are the Thermo-Coupler brackets for the Modulator-Compensateor.

When one of those things go bad, all hell breaks loose.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
roof jacks

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4583 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I believe they are upside down.
They attach up and as what ever is brought together the hangers hook and stay is engaged.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post