SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Montgomery County MD Executive bans police station from displaying thin blue line flag
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montgomery County MD Executive bans police station from displaying thin blue line flag Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/us/mar...-thin-blue-line-flag

Maryland’s governor on Sunday sharply criticized Montgomery County's top elected official for banning a police station from displaying a wooden “thin blue line” flag that was a gift last week from a local resident.

Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich called the flag “divisive” over the weekend and said it was not going to be put on display at the Fifth District police station, overruling officers who accepted the gift and said that it would be displayed.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, said in a series of tweets that he was “offended and disgusted” Elrich had arbitrarily prohibited officers from displaying the flag that was made for them by a father and his young son in honor of National First Responders Day.

"I have attended the funerals of fallen law enforcement officers across our state, and I take time to thank them every day for their dedicated service and sacrifice," he said.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
He will change his mind

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:

...Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, said in a series of tweets that he was “offended and disgusted” Elrich had arbitrarily prohibited officers from displaying the flag that was made for them by a father and his young son in honor of National First Responders Day.

"I have attended the funerals of fallen law enforcement officers across our state, and I take time to thank them every day for their dedicated service and sacrifice," he said.

That's good to hear. Hogan has previously been sort of a RINO.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Elrich has always been a d-bag.

quote:
That's good to hear. Hogan has previously been sort of a RINO.

Yes but he's always been supportive of law enforcement.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16398 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
This Mark Elrich is really winning friends among the Montgomery County LEOs on an almost monthly basis....

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...imes-illegal-aliens/

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder who Elrich is pandering to.
True, he's a punk, but he's also doing this for a reason.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Thin blue line flag is somehow bad? WTF?
As mentioned above, this douche canoe will “evolve” his thinking.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
someone needs to take Erlich camping

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I wonder who Elrich is pandering to.
True, he's a punk, but he's also doing this for a reason.

La Raza and BLM

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Defy his order.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
He will change his mind

As a previous autopsy assistant, I changed many minds into formaldehyde jars...

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Stop banning shit man. It’s not cool. I wish there was a law that for every thing that got banned 175 other things had to be legalized/ unbanned. Maybe then these wannabe fascist thugs would start to REALLY THINK about the shit they want to ban and the consequences of such actions as well as if it’s worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Defy his order.
Yep. The Super's and management staff need to put it up in the lobby while giving Elrich the finger.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Maybe we should send a bunch of Thin Blue Line Flags to the station?

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:

Good suggestion.
I just sent a blue line flag to the 5th district police station.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
A local (to D.C.) radio station today called for a recall election against Elrich. The on-air guy was about to have an aneurism, he was so excised.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silent:
quote:

Good suggestion.

Silent

What address did you use?

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Silent:
quote:

Good suggestion.

Silent

What address did you use?

20000 Aircraft Dr, Germantown, MD 20874

https://www.montgomerycountymd...tricts/5d/index.html

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
A local (to D.C.) radio station today called for a recall election against Elrich. The on-air guy was about to have an aneurism, he was so excised.

What station?

As much as I would like to see this I don't see it happening in MOCO.

Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

What station?

As much as I would like to see this I don't see it happening in MOCO.

WMAL, Larry O'Connor show

NRA Life Member