SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Audiophiles....need tv headphone advice.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Audiophiles....need tv headphone advice. Login/Join 
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted
I have a 6 year old not-verry-smart panosonic 50" plasma tv. My wife complains when I watch a show when she is in her office. What would be a good set of wireless headphones.

I would prefer over the ear type with about 100.00 price point.

Thanks
Jaycat

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
25 year owner/user of Sennheisers.
Any serious use (not with smartphone in other words) I won’t use anything else. Have a look at these.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennhei...arging/dp/B0001FTVEK

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Jaycat might want Jaybirds.

Jaybirdsport.com

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I'd lean towards Sennheiser first.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
I have the same Sennheisers as Prefontaine. They have served me well for several years.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sennheisers , all you need.

Posts: 785 | Location: Eastern Ma. | Registered: November 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same Sennheisers as above, for many years. Not exactly "audiophile quality" if you are getting really hoity-toity about listening to music, but they do sound very good and natural and certainly good enough for listening to TV.

I am actually very surprised at how long mine have lasted, because I don't use them frequently, but only occasionally, and they have never had any battery problems.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no recommendations, but yesterday I received in the mail a special issue of "The Absolute Sound" magazine - perhaps the best known magazine devoted to high-quality audio. They just came out with a Summer 2018 issue devoted to headphones - in fact the cover says, "The ultimate headphone guide". I think this might be helpful to you...You should be able to find this issue at the larger newsstands - especially at bookstores like Barnes and Noble.

Posts: 944 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I bought these "Amazon Basics" headphones for my mother and they've worked GREAT for her.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
I have the same Sennheisers as above, for many years. Not exactly "audiophile quality" if you are getting really hoity-toity about listening to music, but they do sound very good and natural and certainly good enough for listening to TV.

I am actually very surprised at how long mine have lasted, because I don't use them frequently, but only occasionally, and they have never had any battery problems.

I’m on my same pair of HD-25’s for 22 years now. Those are my wired ones. They’ve seen stages and live performances coast to coast, few million watts have run through them live and in the studio. They still sound as good as new.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of sennheisers on the way!