SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mattis Delivers Inspirational Speech To Soldiers In Jordan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mattis Delivers Inspirational Speech To Soldiers In Jordan Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
We need more like him. Thank God he is in a position of influence. You can watch the video at the link.

Mattis Delivers Inspirational Speech To Soldiers In Jordan

Speaking to soldiers in Jordan, Defense Secretary James Mattis delivered an impromptu speech that was a succinct summation of the soldier’s creed, with gratitude for the young soldiers who represent the nation, a warning to the enemies of America that American soldiers will never be afraid of them, and a call to comradeship that was a paean to the friendship that is a vital part of the social fabric not only of the armed services but the survival of the United Sates.

Mattis stated:

quote:
Believe me, I know you’re far from home, every one of you; I know you could all be going to college, you young people, or you could be back on the block, just grateful. The only way, the only way this great big experiment you and I call America is gonna survive is if we’ve got tough hombres like you. If you remember, some of you are too young; on 9/11 we were matched up against an enemy that thought if you hurt us you can scare us.

We don’t frickin scare; that’s the bottom line.

We’ll go out here; we’ll fight alongside our friends and allies, and we’re gonna keep right on fightin’ until they’re sick of us, leave us alone. You’re buyin’ time; you’re a great example for our country right now. It’s got some problems; you know it and I know it. It’s got problems that we don’t have in the military.

You just hold the line, my fine young soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines. You just hold the line until our country gets back to understandin’ and respectin’ each other and showin’ it, of being friendly to one another, that Americans owe to one another. We’re so doggone lucky to be Americans.

We got two powers: the power of inspiration, and you’ll get the power of inspiration back; you have the power of intimidation, and that’s you, if someone wants to screw with our families, and our country, or our allies.

So thanks so much for being out here; you completely took me by surprise. That’s good; keep the old guys like me guessing. The only reason I came back, I flunked retirement, okay? The only reason I came back was to serve alongside young people like you who are so selfless, and frankly, so rambunctious. It’s a pleasure to be around you all.

You take care of each other out here, okay? We call ‘em in the Naval, “you take care of your shipmates out here”, okay? Take care of each other. It can get old, it can get hot; you can get sloppy, you can get complacent; don’t let it happen, okay.

Thank all of you. Listen to your NCOs, okay?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
BamaJeepster, you mention a link but you forgot to provide it. Would like to watch this, please.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
http://www.dailywire.com/news/...k-berrien#exit-modal

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I wish I was lucky enough to serve under President Trump and SecDef General Mattis. Instead I had Clinton and whatever box of shit he had as SecDef.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I wish I was lucky enough to serve under President Trump and SecDef General Mattis. Instead I had Clinton and whatever box of shit he had as SecDef.

I'm fortunate enough to serve now though in the Reserves. I served nearly all of my active duty time under obama. Got worse every year with more briefs on EO, sexual assault/harassment, or anything else that didn't have to do with war fighting.

I can't imagine how bad the morale was under clinton.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I served under Presidents Eisenhower, JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, and Carter; SecDefs Gates, McNamara (ugh), Clifford, Laird, Richardson, Clements, Schlesinger, Rumsfeld, and Brown.

Bill Clinton had 3 SecDefs when he was President: Leslie Aspin, William J. Perry, and William S. Cohen. You can check the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...cretaries_of_Defense.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Selfness, a great word to describe our soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines, police, and first responders.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With Mattis and Trump I get a deep sense of pride and respect for who we are and what America represents. I see real leadership from these people by doing what they believe not just saying it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post