SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum question – a green check check mark on a post-it icon?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forum question – a green check check mark on a post-it icon? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Here in The Lounge, the left-most column is a light bulb. To its immediate right is a column of post-it notes. Currently, the thread:

“Water consumption - how much per day - (health related question)”

has a little green check mark on its post-it icon - the only thread that I see with one. What’s the significance of that check mark?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
It's a poll.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This icon shows "Poll" when I place my cursor over it. Ones without the check mark show "Discussion Topic."

Posts: 27952 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

BTW – Viewing the forum with Safari on my iPhone, I don’t get the “Poll” response when I touch the post-it icon. This evening I’ll try it on my MacBook.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Thanks guys.

BTW – Viewing the forum with Safari on my iPhone, I don’t get the “Poll” response when I touch the post-it icon. This evening I’ll try it on my MacBook.

The "Poll" and "Discussion Topic" text is what's called "mouseover" or "hover" text - it pops up when you put your cursor over the icon and let it sit there for a second.

Tapping the image on a mobile device is a "click" event rather than a "mouseover" event and doesn't make the text appear.

As far as I know, there isn't a good way to trigger "mouseover" events on mobile devices.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post