SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Department store employee Mohamed Mahmoud went all durka-durka-jihad over...shopping carts?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Department store employee Mohamed Mahmoud went all durka-durka-jihad over...shopping carts? Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Just yesterday, I had to get out of truck, with my cane, and move a cart that the lazy-assed handicapped person before me had left partly over the parking space lines, right where they had put it to unload their groceries. If you cannot make it back to the cart return corral, at least push it a couple of feet into the hashed area between the handicapped spaces. I manage to hobble over to the corral with my carts. It is simple courtesy.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
A man who worked as a “loss prevention greeter” ... suddenly “snapped” Saturday, grabbing a handgun from his car and firing a total of 16 shots....

Ross "Dress for Less" store
Loss Prevention Looses it.
Juxtaposition.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
They've been trying to tell us multi-culturalism is a good thing, and we're just too thick-headed to see it.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
Think of it. If everyone would just put their carts back, we could have world peace.

Aldi's = German efficiency

I did Nazi that coming...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The French have an innovation to deal with that.

At the Supermarche, to get a shopping cart, you have to deposit a coin, 1€, which releases a cart. When you return the cart to the proper place, snapped into place, you get your coin back.

This as in rural France, not a huge city store, but one didn’t see shopping carts left in rhe parking areas.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
You have to admire his passion.

Might be a while before that store has a problem with people returning shopping carts...

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
At the Supermarche, to get a shopping cart, you have to deposit a coin, 1€, which releases a cart. When you return the cart to the proper place, snapped into place, you get your coin back.

That's what Aldi's does.

The Carts: We keep our carts in one convenient place. You put a quarter in the cart, shop and then return the cart to get your quarter back. This helps to keep prices low because we don’t spend time retrieving carts.
https://www.aldi.us/en/new-to-aldi/shopping-at-aldi/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
Mohamed Mahmoud was a "refugee"

He don't have to live like a refugee...

Stop leavin' my carts around...

Don't go takin' my cart
You won't go takin' my cart

Somewhere, somehow, somebody musta kicked him around some.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't go takin' my cart
You won't go takin' my cart

Somewhere, somehow, somebody musta kicked him around some.

When he gets to the pokey they are going to kick him around a-plenty

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is something in the water in the Las Vegas area, 5 officer involved shooting in 8 days and 1 for Henderson Police. Metro has released body cam footage for all of theirs, all look justified.
Maybe the summer heat has something to do with this ??

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
A friend used to have a restaurant called the Snack Bar at the Aloha

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
When he gets to the pokey they are going to kick him around a-plenty
Those are references to Tom Petty songs.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The French have an innovation to deal with that.

This as in rural France, not a huge city store, but one didn’t see shopping carts left in rhe parking areas.

Same deal at a few Shop Rite markets I have been to in New Jersey. Use a quarter to unlock the cart, bring it back, get a quarter back.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. I read the story as she left her full cart sitting while she retrieved her car to load up her purchases,not that she abandoned it.

Maybe he's pissed she is allowed to drive in this country.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

We're getting petty ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16510 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
Think of it. If everyone would just put their carts back, we could have world peace.

Aldi's = German efficiency

I did Nazi that coming...

Well played sir.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin You guys are a riot! Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I hope this case makes it to the Supreme Cart!

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
quote:
quote:

We're getting petty ...

Don't take my cart away.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post