SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kamado Joe Ribs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kamado Joe Ribs Login/Join 
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted
Since we are allowed to be FREE and live our lives as we see fit.

Here is my contribution of America and the 4th

3 racks on the Joe, should be done around 5:00 just in time for dinner and then to watch the fireworks.

Done,

Mmmmm Mmmmmm good

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archerman,

Archerman

Posts: 2484 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Cant wait to see them done. They look great.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7506 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of ribs for such a little cooker.
Efficient but a great cooker.
Cool. Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Me too, only on a Weber Performer. Getting close for an early meal.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Looks great! If I leave now, I should be able to get there by 5:00 Big Grin

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Done a bit early, so those that are on the way you better hurry up... Razz

Archerman

Posts: 2484 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I think them ribs need some protection. You may have roaming hordes at the gates for them.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking good. What wood are you guys using? I love hickory with pork......have been tempted to try apple, but like the hickory so much I haven't tried.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Looking good. What wood are you guys using? I love hickory with pork......have been tempted to try apple, but like the hickory so much I haven't tried.

I like cherry or apple for ribs.

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I used cherry this time around and they came out great. The rub is a little on the sweet side so I thought a fruit wood would be good.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Oh, my. Those really look good.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I really do not notice any difference when using different woods (sorry to those that disagree) but this time I tried Apple and Royal Oak lump charcoal.

Archerman

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:
I really do not notice any difference when using different woods (sorry to those that disagree) but this time I tried Apple and Royal Oak lump charcoal.

Try using Mesquite next time. Trust me, you'll notice the difference.

Jim