SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My neighbor ran over my dog yesterday
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My neighbor ran over my dog yesterday Login/Join 
Picture of billfasttax
posted
The same dog that was mauled by a pit bull a couple of years ago. He was 11 years old and had health issues from the attack and just getting older in general. My neighbor was watching my other dog when he pulled in and just didn't see the the Sheltie. There was nothing we could do for him and he was dead in just a minute. My neighbor, who is also one of my best friends, was devastated! He helped me bury him and then we all shed a tear for Charlie. He was a good boy.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming…......WOW! WHAT A RIDE!

Posts: 765 | Location: North of Atlanta | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this horrible news. Lost one that way before.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
very sad

Bandit and I send our condolences

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Godspeed Charlie.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
My condolences. Horrible for everyone.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your heartbreaking loss.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that terrible news. Frown

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
so sorry for you loss.

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
That is just horrible. Frown

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Just plain sad for all, sorry for your loss.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Damn! Tough on everyone involved.

Sorry about Charlie.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear that.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
That's just awful. Sorry for the loss of Charlie.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
My condolences. Dogs are surely special creatures from God.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
I bet your neighbor feels like shit. You might want to do something to lessen his burden.

Or not, as you see fit.

But he's probably burning a lot of emotional fuel on this.

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
I bet your neighbor feels like shit. You might want to do something to lessen his burden.

Or not, as you see fit.

But he's probably burning a lot of emotional fuel on this.

+1 and sorry for your loss.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
My condolences Frown

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Toto, Pat and I send our condolences.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post