SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best dash/windshield sunshade?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best dash/windshield sunshade? Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I got the heat/UV blocking film installed on all the windows in my Jeep. Made a huge difference in heat, and should prevent the dash from cracking as well. No fuss every time I park, either.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
I am SO tempted...

Shade

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using the cheap reflective coated nylon and memory wire thing from Costco and it works pretty good. I usually just toss it on the passenger side floor when driving but it’s not at all difficult to twist into the stowage size and stick between the seat and console.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've been using the spring-ring ones for years. Probably better options out there, but I like how easy these are to stow. Not a lot of miscellaneous space in the W205.

Still amazing how clean that E is.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
I've used the double bubble silver one from Wal-Mart for the last 10 years here in Vegas. Works well for $7.99.
The edge is now getting frayed so I may have to get a new one.
It does make a huge difference.

THIS
Go to Wallyworld and browse their shades. Spring wire twist & fold aren’t bulky, they’re inexpensive and no big deal to fold up compact.
Got one in my truck now.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heatshield for the windshield and Dashtopper for the dash for me; best that I have used for the southern Nevada heat and sun.

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I have used the Covercraft windshield shades on my vehicles for years. They are custom fit for different vehicles and easy to put up from the drivers seat. They fold up but do take up some space when not in use. Worth it to me.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Covercraft. Worth every penny.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post