SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A group of high-school students occupied Senator Ted Cruz’s office Tuesday to commemorate the two-year anniversary of the Pulse nightclub shooting in
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A group of high-school students occupied Senator Ted Cruz’s office Tuesday to commemorate the two-year anniversary of the Pulse nightclub shooting in Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
National Review
Jack Crowe

A group of high-school students occupied Senator Ted Cruz’s office Tuesday to commemorate the two-year anniversary of the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, Fla. and demand that congress advance more stringent gun-control legislation.

The students stormed into Cruz’s office after participating in a so-called die-in event outside the Capitol Building. The “die-in” was organized by National Die-In, a student-led organization demanding “common sense gun control.”

The organization’s website does not articulate what specific policies constitute “common sense gun control,” saying only that the group’s goal is to “end lethal legislation that refuses to pinpoint the common denominator of gun violence, guns.”

After entering Cruz’s office, the students lay on the floor while chanting “Where’s Ted?” The students can be heard criticizing the Texas lawmaker for accepting contributions from the NRA in a video of the event posted on Twitter.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Meaningless

Get a fuckin' job.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Gee, I wonder who paid the bill for this? Anyone? Anyone?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least his other visitors had some place to wipe there feet off when they came in from the range.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
How come security didn't punch their shiny little faces in? I'd be all for that.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by JALLEN:

“end lethal legislation that refuses to pinpoint the common denominator of gun violence, guns whiny leftists, like you .”

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Useful Idiots.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
High school students full of fresh and bright ideas taking charge in Washington to make a difference! Change for the sake of change. Yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmFYHmGkfxw

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Whenever I need advice on important matters, I always look first for the wise opinion or acne-ridden onanists.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Why do we let these people do this?

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Are the dumbfucks reincarnates of the Red Guards, thralls of the Dark Side, or just plain stupid moral inverts? Does not matter, they are the foe.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
So, a moose limb jihadi buttwipe shouting aloha snackbar shoots up a gay nightclub and we are supposed to be guilted into idiotic gun control?!

Fuck these imbeciles!

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great time to mop the floors. Keep a sour mop around that's been used to clean the restrooms.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps these misguided yutes should check in with the Top Men over at the FBI who cleared the radical islamic terrorist following their 10 month investigation of him.

Odd too that the terrorist's dad was an FBI informant, is listed as a visitor at the White House / guest of SoS multiple times, and was seated directly behind Crooked hilz and a campaign event or two.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
They should’ve occupied the office of CAIR

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post