SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mass. Trooper Sues Police Leaders after He Was Told to Alter Arrest Report of Judge's Daughter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mass. Trooper Sues Police Leaders after He Was Told to Alter Arrest Report of Judge's Daughter Login/Join 
posted
Massachusetts Trial Court officials and state police are defending their actions after a trooper filed suit alleging that top police commanders disciplined him and forced him to revise an arrest report for a judge's daughter.

In response to the suit filed Tuesday by Trooper Ryan Sceviour, state Trial Court officials say Dudley District Court Judge Timothy Bibaud never discussed the arrest of his daughter, Alli Bibaud, with court officials or state police.

“Judge Timothy M. Bibaud never communicated with or contacted the District Attorney, State Police or any other court officials to discuss this case,” District Court Chief Justice Paul Dawley said in a statement Wednesday.

The statement also said that a request to transfer Alli Bibaud’s case out of Worcester County was made right away to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest because her father is a judge in Worcester County. Bibaud’s case has been transferred to Framingham District Court.

Trooper Sceviour's lawsuit alleges that after he arrested Bibaud for driving under the influence near Worcester last month, he was told to revise the arrest report.

In the initial arrest report, Sceviour wrote that Bibaud told officers she got drugs in exchange for sex and she offered Sceviour sex in exchange for leniency.

Two days after Bibaud's arrest, the lawsuit alleges that a trooper came to Sceviour's house and took him to meet with top police officials. There, Sceviour says, he was told to falsify records and remove the references to sex and Bibaud's father so as not to embarrass the judge.

Sceviour says he was told that the changes were "ordered by the colonel" — which he presumes meant State Police Colonel Richard McKeon, who supervises the state police. The suit goes on to say that a state police major told Sceviour that he was being “ordered” to make the changes in the arrest report — an order that came from the state Executive Office of Public Safety and Security.

The office's spokesman, Felix Browne, said in a statement that Public Safety Secretary Daniel Bennett "never asked nor was he ever asked to do anything with the police report in question. The first time he saw the police report was when it was referenced online."

Gov. Charlie Baker called the allegations “troubling" on Wednesday, and said he is still looking into the case.

State police admit that Sceviour was asked to remove details from the report that they say were not relevant to the crimes with which Bibaud was charged.

State Police spokesman David Procopio said the reprimand to Sceviour is not technically "discipline" and he emphasized that the initial charges against Bibaud are the same.

But Sceviour’s attorney called suggestions that the report was being revised because of its details “absurd,” insisting it was revised to protect a judge’s daughter.

“When was the last time the colonel got involved in a police report?" asked Sceviour’s attorney, Leon Kesten. “There was absolutely nothing wrong with his arrest report. Trooper Sceviour simply reported what he heard, and now he gets sanctioned? Because he treated her [Bibaud] the way he treats everyone else? Apparently the colonel wants connected people treated differently.”

A statement from state police said, "Supervisory members of the State Police, up to and including the Colonel, may review any report and have the responsibility to order any appropriate revisions. In the report in question, the revision consisted only of removal of a sensationalistic, directly-quoted statement by the defendant, which made no contribution to proving the elements of the crimes with which she was charged."

The statement also said, "The defendant remains charged — as she was initially charged — with operating under the influence of drugs, operating under the influence of liquor, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, and two other motor vehicle offenses and she will be held accountable for those crimes based on the evidence collected by State Police."

Attorney Kesten said he plans to subpoena top state police officials and expects they will start providing depositions in the trooper’s lawsuit early next month.

http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/...t-edit-police-report

Posts: 387 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Cronyism, nepotism, ad nauseam, ad infinitum.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the recent local case I posted about. I guess the 'Good Ole Boys' club is present everywhere.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...910007234#3910007234

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was a cop and an arrestee offered me sex in exchange for leniency you better believe I'm documenting that fact so it doesn't come back to bite me later. And no supervisor is taking it out of my report.

Really, it is relevant to the crime she's charged with because it shows consciousness of guilt as well.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
What Palm said.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MaSigchist
posted Hide Post
Totally sanitized version - this is an interesting story, but you have to go to Turtleboy for the straight scoop (NSFW version)...

Turtleboy Sports

-Scott

SPDTool LLC - Pocket Sized Field Armorer Tools
http://www.spdtool.com

-Certified Sig Sauer Armorer
-Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
-NRA Pistol Instructor
-NRA Shotgun Instructor
-NRA Range Safety Officer
-NRA Metallic cartridge & Shotgun Reloading Instructor
-MA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 910 | Location: Greenfield, MA USA | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MaSigchist:
Totally sanitized version - this is an interesting story, but you have to go to Turtleboy for the straight scoop (NSFW version)...

Turtleboy Sports

"Judge’s Daughter Who Said, “Do You Know How Many People I Had To Blow To Get That,” After Heroin OUI Arrest"

No, how many?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Turtle boy is the only guy around here who's got the balls to tell it like it is. Very dirty story that will reflect badly on the judge and the state police colonel.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very dirty story that will reflect badly on the judge and the state police colonel.
As it should.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Way to go, trooper.

Trashy little whore. Gotta love those photos of her. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
That website is hilarious.

I'm completely out of touch.

Posts: 5136 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Interesting gal...
If it were my daughter I would be wheelchair bound...
From breaking off both feet in her ass.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just another day in my old home state. I saw more stuff like this than I care to remember. My sister got busted for a DUI in - - - - - years ago. At the time it was a dry town and tough as nails on DUI's. A phone call and she walked out the next morning all charges dropped. That is how things have been in Mass forever. Not surprised to hear nothing's changed....

Posts: 137 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: February 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

Oh my God that site is funny. I lived there for a bunch of years. Know New Bedford, Lowell, Newton, and a bunch of other towns. Was born in Fall River.

I'm going to have to do some reading to catch up on things from the old homestead.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Judge’s Daughter Who Said, “Do You Know How Many People I Had To Blow To Get That,” After Heroin OUI Arrest"

No, how many?

Based on the phrasing alone, I'd say a minimum of 3. Big Grin

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
If anyone in New England follows sports they probably listen to WEEI at some point during the day. The station covers all of NE. The morning show is the top-rated in the country. Some transgender social activist tried to shut them down this past month over comments they made about a 5 year old transgender kid. Yes! You read that correctly. Additionaly, the comments they made were from a show several years ago.

Turtle Boy did a little digging and effectively neutralized this well-funded activist exposing him as the POS he is.

https://turtleboysports.com/sh...nders-two-years-ago/

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MaSigchist
posted Hide Post
PD must be another Turtle Rider... Turtleboy is the best investigative journalism in the state (not saying much). He has taken down politicians, SJW's, and a whole cast of characters now in the "Turtleboy Graveyard". He has totally shamed the Worcester Telegram (Turtlegram) by beating them to story after story. There are about a half-dozen Facebook pages that he cycles through as they get suspended. When Turtleboy grabs a story, you can be sure somebody who deserves it is going to get what is coming to them. For those who must know, Turtleboy is a reference to a statue in Worcester Ma of a boy screwing a turtle. Google it...

Don't Poke The Turtle !

-Scott

SPDTool LLC - Pocket Sized Field Armorer Tools
http://www.spdtool.com

-Certified Sig Sauer Armorer
-Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
-NRA Pistol Instructor
-NRA Shotgun Instructor
-NRA Range Safety Officer
-NRA Metallic cartridge & Shotgun Reloading Instructor
-MA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 910 | Location: Greenfield, MA USA | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MaSigchist:
For those who must know, Turtleboy is a reference to a statue in Worcester Ma of a boy screwing a turtle. Google it...

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
If anyone in New England follows sports they probably listen to WEEI at some point during the day. The station covers all of NE. The morning show is the top-rated in the country. Some transgender social activist tried to shut them down this past month over comments they made about a 5 year old transgender kid. Yes! You read that correctly. Additionaly, the comments they made were from a show several years ago.

Turtle Boy did a little digging and effectively neutralized this well-funded activist exposing him as the POS he is.

https://turtleboysports.com/sh...nders-two-years-ago/

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

Oh my God that site is funny. I lived there for a bunch of years. Know New Bedford, Lowell, Newton, and a bunch of other towns. Was born in Fall River.

I'm going to have to do some reading to catch up on things from the old homestead.

Just learned about that site now. It's awesome! Smile

I lived in MA for a dozen years or so. I know they have a lot of material to work with.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post