SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SigForum docs, I have a question. Cough meds: yay or nay?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SigForum docs, I have a question. Cough meds: yay or nay? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
my pharmacist gave me some under the counter /over the counter syrup that just be came available w/o a prescription.

you have to sign and date a note book ledger and can not go back for 12 days.

but that was one great syrup.

if I had my phone with me I'd call her, but I will come back with what ever it is

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Btw, thank your doctor for not prescribing antibiotic like candy.

Doc was pretty funny about that. He gave me his lecture and then said, "notice what I didn't mention? Antibiotics. They're not going to do you any good."

quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:
After all, just look at how much higher life expectancies were when doctors only knew how to brew tea and drill holes in your head.

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13498 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I prefer The Macallan, it's about $70 a fifth and not for getting drunk on.

That's for the 12-year old.....jump to the 15 Fine Oak & it's closer to $125. The 18 sherried oak is around $600. But yeah, the 12 sherried oak is quite good, and always in my cabinet.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
The 50ml Macallan (sample size!) is available at the ABC store about 20 miles down the road. Perhaps I'll run over there Monday at lunchtime.

God bless America.

Posts: 13498 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here it is, good stuff maynerd:
https://www.goodrx.com/virtussin-ac/what-is

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Prescription grade is a big yay, as long as you don't plan on leaving the house.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
At this point I want to be putting my Austin Powers voice on and shouting, "Yeah, baby, YEAH!" But the stuff I got isn't as impressive as I had expected. Doesn't quell the cough all that quickly, nor does it make me drowsy as billed. I watched late-late-night TV shows and crummy movies til 4am last night, waiting for The Sleepies to sneak in. Frown

quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
here it is, good stuff maynerd:
https://www.goodrx.com/virtussin-ac/what-is

That's the stuff, bendable: Hycodan.

God bless America.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the stuff is like "Ooooooh narcotic!" then you take it and it's like "Ooooooh Flintstone vitamin" but tastes worse.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I think that sums it up very well!

God bless America.

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
My poor 9 year old is hacking.

Get this fucking level of retartisim. No normal (uncontrolled) cough syrup will stop it, which we can't get for a 9yo, and he isn't allowed to take COUGH DROPS to school. And if he's coughing his head off, which he is, they insist on sending him home. Hell, he can't even take hard candy into class. Stupid.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That's nuts! No cough drops or hard candy? For real?

Some days I think it's good I'm not a parent of a school-age kid. Some poor principal would be constantly looking out his window saying, "aw, crap, here comes vthoky again."

Here's wishing quick recovery for your son, chongo. Constant cough SUCKS!

God bless America.

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Take your meds and look up/look out for interactions with the "holistic, organic" things your wife and father-in-law are pushing.

Hell, grapefruit juice and chamomile tea can cause HUGE drug interactions. Check it out.

Just because you got it at Whole Foods doesn't mean it's not medicine. It can hurt you.

Feel better soon,

Bruce

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RNshooter,

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a doctor but I play one on the internet... Razz

Posts: 162 | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
The pills seem to work for me better than the liquid.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
The pills seem to work for me better than the liquid.

This is what works for me as well.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only comment is watch for what some of the various opioid medications can do to blocking you up!
ER doctors have prescribed them to me for severe coughs but given that warning, and they were right!!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do a lot of natural cures and helps, but I am with you on the cough syrup at night.
Marshmallow capsules do help your cough a little.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Western medicine? Like "Take two rattlesnakes and call me in the morning, buckaroo"?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
She made me some good echinacea tea yesterday, and put some fresh orange and organic honey into it. Good stuff, easy on the throat, but doesn't solve the problem.

Yeah, I was going to say she forgot the whiskey. Looks like you've gotten a few good suggestions already to pass onto your wife for the next time she mixes that cocktail.

I prescribe whiskey for everything...hence my sigline.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post