SIGforum
Spy shots new Corvette C8

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4370047754

June 11, 2019, 04:45 PM
signewt
Spy shots new Corvette C8
I'm not in the purchasing-demographics they are cultivating. The entire super-car realm is somewhat entertaining in theory from sheer performance/engineering, just not one of the cheering fans. I suppose they have to look more or less like they do.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

June 11, 2019, 05:01 PM
Gene Hillman
I've owned Corvettes continuously for 55 years and it always takes time for me to adjust to the newest generation. I'm still on the C-6 and haven't been able to adjust to the C-7 yet so I'm really going to have trouble with this one. I guess my favorite is a 1962 but it certainly is a primitive ride by today's standards.
June 11, 2019, 05:25 PM
apf383
Nice!

Foster's, Australian for Bud

June 11, 2019, 05:40 PM
nukeandpave
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
They should have made it a Buick instead. I only say that because there is no more Saturn brand.

They never would have done that anyway. They dont want a Corvette killer in their own stable.
June 11, 2019, 05:48 PM
1s1k
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
It looks great, just not like a Corvette.
I agree. I think it looks more like a Ferrari 360/430.

I think it will be much closer to $100k than the article suggests.
June 11, 2019, 06:52 PM
bcereuss
At least they put the calipers on the front wheels on the back instead of the front.

Why two sets of calipers in the rear? Is one the parking brake?
June 11, 2019, 07:21 PM
FenderBender
As a young person. I like it, moreover I prefer it to the import offerings.
June 11, 2019, 07:45 PM
.38supersig
Doesn't look like a Corvette because the tail lights aren't round? Say it ain't so?

Zora thought the engine should be in the back. The rest of them were counting beans.

June 11, 2019, 09:30 PM
Tooky13
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Looks like an NSX/Aventadore/Stradale hybrid. I really like it.

It may not 'look like' a Corvette, but it isn't 1967 anymore.

And, it's about time - they have been teasing a mid engine Vette for decades.

You took the works right out of my mouth... I was beside an Acura NSX this morning for a couple of miles admiring it. When I saw the photo above I was struck by the similarity.

(Photo is from the WEB)

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln
June 11, 2019, 10:06 PM
Hangtime
I like them all except at 6'3" my desire falls off. This one should handle really well.

Lasts zoom zoom ride was a '05 Pontiac/Holden GTO in large part because I fit in it comfortably.

Sat in a c7 vert in showroom and my eyes line up close to top of front windshield.
June 12, 2019, 01:20 AM
barndg00
I’m 6’3” and have generally thought all the vettes accommodated taller guys much better than their compatible vehicles. That said, I briefly drove my dad’s C5 last weekend, and getting in and out of it was awful compared to my BMW Z4M, but comfortable enough once inside. The driving experience was so much different - hammer versus scalpel. The C5 is fast, but heavy and brutish compared to my Z, which feels much lighter and directable.
June 12, 2019, 06:45 AM
bettysnephew
I suspect the C8 will be a great car, it is the extension of Zora's desire to build a mid-engine vehicle years ago. It will increase the handling capabilities of the car and allow future upgrades. For me though the front engine Vette has been my weapon of choice for many years. I was concerned that there would be minimal luggage space due to the frunk (front trunk) due to wheel wells and suspension encroachment. I bought a 19 Z06 and am very happy with it. It outperforms almost all cars on the street today and I do not track my car so it is enough for me.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith
June 12, 2019, 08:12 AM
Doc H.
Keep the Corvette. Had a chance to drive this across the German and Italian Alps last week from Munich to Verona and back. Bucket list.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"
June 12, 2019, 08:23 AM
UTsig
I never pay any attention to the pre-release news,
just give me the real car. I've been waiting for a
revolutionary move, up to now the C5, C6 and C7 seem evolutionary.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.
June 12, 2019, 07:02 PM
Lunasee
Being an owner of a C5, it will always remain my favorite Style of Corvette. The C6 never excited me. I'm OK with the C7. I have tracked one. I like it primarily due to the C7R. The C8 to me looks a lot like a Ferrari crossed with a Ford GT. Maybe someday it will too grow on me.

It's all a matter of personal choice. Smile
June 12, 2019, 07:12 PM
erj_pilot
If I had that kind of money, I’d prefer an Audi R8.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
June 29, 2019, 12:13 PM
Edmond
Any guesses on the powerplant?

Very educated guess has me thinking 6.2l and a 5.5l along with a hybrid. We will see DOHC again in the Corvette which hasn't been seen since the ZR1 from 1990-1995.