SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My sister is in the latter stages of the dying process
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My sister is in the latter stages of the dying process Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the past pain she caused you, and a nod of respect for the higher road you're taking,
You are a good man and better sibling.

Prayers
Spunk

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
My condolences. It's very honorable what you're going to do with her ashes. I imagine your parents would be proud.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Better to make peace now than to regret later that is was not.May you both take comfort in that.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to hear of your sisters condition. I lost my mom last Saturday after 3 weeks of going downhill. She was receiving hospice palliative care. Thank God for the mercy the meds brought. It was not an easy thing to witness and has become difficult afterwards. That said, she’s no longer suffering.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
'Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.'

Bless.

tac

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
You have my condolences Dave. I found your post, while sad, to be uplifting. I respect your decision to set aside your anger to go see your sister. I think you both will probably enjoy a measure of peace from your actions.

Prayers sent.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
These kinds of situations are difficult, not only for the inherent gravity of death, but for our human tendencies to want to get even.

You are taking the high road, and I've found for myself, that in looking back, I've never regretted taking the high road.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Better to make peace now than to regret later that is was not.

^^^^^ This. The view is better from the high road.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your sister. My God Bless and give you peace.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
hope you two find peace with each other. hatred can be a heavy burden to carry.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
My condolences, you did right by her, regardless of what she did. You are a good/better person for it.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
As others have sad, your story is sad but yet the suns rays have shown through as you were able to forgive...

I never appreciated the permanence of death but unfortunately have come to understand and appreciate each day since I've recently lost friends and my father.

Please accept my sincere condolences and prayers for your both you and your sister.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
my condolences

certain key events in life define who you are.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Not sure what words of encouragement I can offer you that will mean anything. You and your sister are in my prayers. If you at all meant your post to reach others who may be facing a similar situation in the future, it hit home with me, and I feel compelled to tell you such.

All the best, man.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My condolences, I am glad you are able to make peace with your sister.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
At the hospice now.

She is far into the dying process, probably hours from the end of life. She doesn't recognize any one or respond to any stimulus.

Is there any way to do this and not feel like a cross between a ghoul and a vulture?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31440 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Sig2340, hours before my dads death he was in perpetual slumber, at least to us, but the hospice workers and nursing home staff, all told us the last sense to go for a dying person is hearing.

Talk to her. Tell her all is OK. You will never get that chance again.

Best of luck.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What a display of selflessness to behave graciously regardless of history. I think the true test of high character is whether one can do what's right and gracious even in the face of another who is/has done the first great harm. After many years of pondering the nature of Christ, I believe selflessness is the characteristic that best describes His method. To the extent that Christian principles are significant to you, I think you bore that cross admirably. I'm sorry for you and her. In our mortality, we can't really know how a person comes to be whom she is nor why she has done what she has. There may be a perfectly reasonable cause/s. That we can be edified enough to accommodate for those variables is high character indeed.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You and your sister are in my prayers. I also have to add that those who work in the hospice and palliative care profession are true angels. They took such wonderful care of my wife before she passed from cancer this past August.

Posts: 1201 | Location: NC | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post