SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ladies Dive Watch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ladies Dive Watch Login/Join 
Picture of Redleg06
posted
My sister has an 18 year old Citizen Titanium dive watch and although it still works, she's worried that it may fail and is looking for a backup. Anyone have some good recommendations or contact info for Dave?

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
- What size, small/ladies or mid-size?
- Automatic, quartz, or digital?
- Price range?
- True diver or a "diver style"?

If you're looking for a hard-use backup watch, then a Casio might be the ticket. There are some nice mid-size Seikos and Citizens that might work for ~$200. For about $200-300 more, you can get a nice Tissot or Hamilton. Of course you have the "tacticool" lineup from Luminox and the like.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Mid/large
Quartz/solar
$$ not an issue
True Diver

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only dive watch I ever owned that didn't eventually leak was a Rolex.

Next best was a Seiko.

Lasted for many seasons of diving.

Today I would think a dive computer would be a much more useful tool than a watch.

Before dive computers you timed your bottom time and guesstimated your time left to dive.

http://www.creationwatches.com...ens-watch-10807.html

New version of my old dive watch.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I knew a guy that did alot of diving and he owned a Doxa. Do not know if they make them for women. I am a big fan of Seiko.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
If money is not an issue my wife likes and owns a Breitling Superocean II 36. It can be a little expensive but it is an automatic.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2570 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Will this watch be purposed towards actual diving?
If so, the Cressi Leonardo Wrist Computer is a great choice. It's available in multiple color straps that ladies like too.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Does she want this watch to wear when diving? If so does she use it as a timer or just wants to be able to wear her regular watch diving.

My old Sekio dive watch has taken a beating but I really don't wear it anymore as I don't wear a watch much these days.

On diving trips, I will often take smaller plain citizens watch(not a dive watch but is water proof). Just so I can tell time if I don't have my phone with me.

For diving, I've gone with dive computers for everything these days. Really a watch gets in the way. Either I have to pull my wetsuit/gloves over it or put on a larger strap to let it go around my exposure protection.

Then it can get in the way of my wrist computer or compass.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are quite a few different versions of the 500m Tag Heuer Aquaracer if she likes the looks.

Posts: 441 | Location: Wichita, KS USA | Registered: April 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Citizen makes some of the best diving watches, the promaster series is where I'd recommend looking first...and SF members will receive a 30% off MSRP. Please let me know if I can be more of service

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6008 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the great suggestions.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

posted Hide Post
Check out the Seiko SBDN017—Prospex line.

38.8mm, titanium, solar, true diver (ISO 6425).

https://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/...s/en/prospex/SBDN017

Japanese market, but you can get them on websites like Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/PROSPEX...Womens/dp/B01ER5FJMC

Posts: 385 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
I knew a guy that did alot of diving and he owned a Doxa. Do not know if they make them for women. I am a big fan of Seiko.

http://www.doxawatches.com/SUB200T-Coralline.html

I have the 1000T Pro COSC, 1200T searambler, & 5000T sharkie COSC I like their watches

I got my wife the 200T Nymph years ago and she loves it. She doesn't SCUBA and the watch is secondary to a computer when it comes to diving for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hray,

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1139 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post