SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finding decent socks. What works for you?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finding decent socks. What works for you? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
kinda like the windshield wiper thread:

just buy mid-tier socks and replace them frequently.

don't try keeping pairs for years...

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I buy more Thor-Los when Bendable tells me too. Got a bunch last time, should be good for 5 years.

if and only if you follow the recommended washing instructions Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the Hanes socks from WM. However, they don't seem to last long and seem to be 'wet' when you take them off at night.

Was recently at a Red Wing store looking around and found some nice Red Wing branded Lynco insoles. Talking with the sales guy, they offer a buy two get one free deal. So I bought a pair of insoles, a pair of wool socks and got another pair of wool socks free.

Been wearing the wool socks for about a week and a half now and REALLY like them. In fact, I like them so well, I went back and picked up another 3 sets. They are the medium weight, 77% Merino Wool, 22% nylon and 1% LYCRA Spandex.

Couple of great things about these socks.
Made in USA and LIFETIME WARRANTY.
Wear a hole in them and they replace them!

Red Wing model # RW1643N

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
kinda like the windshield wiper thread:

just buy mid-tier socks and replace them frequently.

don't try keeping pairs for years...

----------------------------------

I tried buying cheap socks for a while. Went through a pair per day of Wal-Mart cheapies. No kidding...remove brand new pair from package in the morning, take them off at night with a hole or two in them.

My first pair of Darn Tough are nearing 2 years, no holes. Not as soft as they once were, but the durability more than pays for itself in the long run to justify the price.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Hanes keeps changing the names of their sock lines (coming from someone who buys socks every five years). Hanes Men's FreshIQ® X-Temp® Active Cool® Crew Socks 12-Pack Style # AC1812

Target has them. Buying direct, they are discounted. Shipping is sometimes free.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
I like Farm to Feet. May not fit your "reasonably priced" requirement, depending on what you consider reasonable. But they are U.S. made, great quality, and have a lifetime guarantee. The durability makes up for the price.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Crob59
posted Hide Post
American Trench Mil-spec sport socks with silver.

Made right here in USA
Socks woven with 4% silver strands.
The silver is anti microbial which amounts to no stinky feet at the end of the day.

My wife bought me some to try and now it’s all I wear. The silver is no joke.

The older I get, the dumber everyone else gets!

Posts: 10 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: April 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Gold Toe or whatever my mom buys me at Xmas time I guess...

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
To everybody who recommended Darn Tough Socks:

THANK YOU!!

I'm pissed that I've been through 50 years of life without marino wool socks. I feel like my feet are being caressed by angels.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post