SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finding decent socks. What works for you?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finding decent socks. What works for you? Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I have had great success with LL Bean socks.

No the most expensive, but far from the cheapest.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Darn Tough

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/...-pair/prod1620478.ip

I love these omni wool brand hiker socks can also be found on amazon

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like smart wool.

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hvyhauler: I will try the Getz plan, had not considered that even though right downtown! M-Z-D too. Just have to wait for the next Getz sale. I don't spent much time in Getz, since they rarely have anything in my sizes.
In the meantime, I am going to order one pair each of:
Fox River Strykers.
Duluth Trading 7 year Performance Socks.
SlimKnit Boot Socks.

The Thorlos and Darn Tough look like good socks, but a little too much $$$$.

Thank for everyone's help!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
for socks that last, for me it's gold toe.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I have smart wool and darn tough and love the darn tough socks. I just ordered 2 more pair.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been happy with Thorlo. That is what bendable always suggests. He also seems to post when there is a sale. They wear well. They last a long time. They are expensive if you have a tendency to lose them. I am not price sensitive when it comes to firearms and my feet. That includes shoes.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always worn Wigwam socks because they were the only ones that held up to basketball practice in high school while still being nice and soft.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Dan Post socks are incredible. Highly recommend.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Wigwam. Made in US and last for years.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gold Toe in the large pack. When they shrink after repeat washing, they get tossed.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I buy a brand called One Tough Sock. Prolly a little heavier than what you like Yoop. Kind of like having slippers on under your shoes.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Gold Toe and Under Armour for me.

I'm a cheap bastard otherwise but I won't skimp on socks or underwear.

Sign up for the Gold Toe e-mails and you'll get coupons for their online store typically 15-20% off and it's free shipping for purchase of $50+

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Well, now I have seen it all - a sock thread without Bendable.

For me, it's :
  • dress socks: Gold toe
  • athletic socks: Russel DriPower 360 for (Wal-mart)
  • Cowboy boot socks: Drymax Work Boot Over Calf Socks
  • Steel toe boot socks: I wish they had the brand name on them somewhere. I bought a six pack at Academy many years ago and prefer them over the steel toe socks I bought at Red Wing.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of C-Dubs
    posted Hide Post
    Darn Tough.

Been mentioned several times already.
    Not cheap, but I’m 1.5 years in and hole-free (even wearing steel toes 5 days a week) since I acquired my first pair.

I prefer the micro crew height. Ends just below calf. And I also prefer full cushion.

GoBros always a few styles on sale.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Move Up or
    Move Over
    posted Hide Post
    I thought I was a gold toe guy for life. The quality really seemed to decline over the last 5-6 years. This past Christmas my nieces bought me a pair of Bombas. Not the cheapest but incredibly comfortable. For dress socks they are all I wear now.

Yes, my feet are now hipsters...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Well, now I have seen it all - a sock thread without Bendable.

He is playing online Jeopardy or watching drone videos of last years cornfields. Seriously, perhaps the thread title threw him off.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of vthoky
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by PowerSurge:
    Wigwam. Made in US and last for years.

PowerSurge beat me to it.
    ( Linky)

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Who Woulda
    Ever Thought?
    posted Hide Post
    Gold Toe socks are my choice.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post