SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone buy WeatherTech floor liners recently, do they seem a lot thinner?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone buy WeatherTech floor liners recently, do they seem a lot thinner? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
They do have different trim levels of liners, it seems. Which ones did you get?

I am a huge fan of their rain guards. They're especially useful here in the Orlando area.

There are not different levels of floor liners. They have two completely different products. Floor liners and All Weather Mats.

I bought the liners again this time. I bought the mats for the Sienna last go round and they were pretty bad.
WeatherTech’s design for the back row of the Sienna was terrible. It did not allow for the center row to slide so one had to remove the center seat and climb between or take one captains chair out.
Though to their credit it does mention this in the disclaimer which I found after the fact.
I ended up buying Lloyd’s mats and cutting up the WeatherTechs to add protection in the high traffic spots and to the slider rails and caps.
I only had the Sienna a year and had pretty much worn all the way through the drivers mat where my right heel pivots.
The grommet for one of the locking tabs was also much to thick and that corner would slide around.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
You may have gotten counterfeit, not real ones.

Amazon and eBay are LOADED with counterfeits and knockoffs.

I ordered from Cabelas so I am guessing this is not the case.

But it looks like the general consensus is the fronts are still good and the rears are lacking.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I had always heard good things about weathertech, but after seeing them in action on my sister in law's truck I elected not to get a set. I was very disappointed with the way they fit. They were very thin, which wouldn't have been a problem except that they just didn't fit perfectly. This causes them to roll up in a way I don't think they should for a product that costs as much as they do.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Line X dealer where I'm going to get my F150 bed sprayed had the front and rear WeatherTechs in stock for a decent price ($110 a set) so I got both. They fit perfect and the quality seems high. I also put a set in my Lexus GX470 previously. I bought them from a license dealer as well, but honestly I felt they weren't designed as well. The edges on the back piece curled up along all the edges. I don't think this will happen with the ones for my F150 as the design is different and majority of the edges rest flush against the floor and door areas.

I'll also note I felt the tan color picks up a bit of the dirt and discoloration more than I anticipated. My F150 has black flooring so the WeatherTech are color matched. Shouldn't be an issue now but if you're looking at lighter colors it might be something to consider. Noting I only thoroughly washed mine a few times a year.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I decided against returning them.
I needed to put 3 car seats in and one has to raise all seats in the middle row to install the floor liners. Would have been a while for the Huskys to come in and I did not want to install them reinstall the car seats.

They fit nicely the rears just seem really thin.

There is a 6”x6” square that is not covered at all by the liners between where the 2nd and 3rd row meet. Pretty crappy as it is almost exactly where the boys step to climb in.

————————————————

Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I ordered mine directly from WeatherTech.

I've used them for at least 20 years; I still like them, but they're not the quality they used to be.

THIS! We have been using them for 15 years, and the last two sets (Ram pickup, and Jeep Cherokee) are not near the quality of the previous ones. They are lighter weight and curl up. These were genuine Weather Tech.

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bean357:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I ordered mine directly from WeatherTech.

I've used them for at least 20 years; I still like them, but they're not the quality they used to be.

THIS! We have been using them for 15 years, and the last two sets (Ram pickup, and Jeep Cherokee) are not near the quality of the previous ones. They are lighter weight and curl up. These were genuine Weather Tech.

I am quite worried about the curl up for the rears since they are so thin.
They fit great at the moment but are brand new. I can see them curling in the summmer heat especially.

————————————————

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I changed to Michelin mats. The design isn't perfect but the thickness and precision of cuts are excellent. They also give some covers to put over the front grommets once snapped in. This week they held rainwater for 3 days until it evaporated. I can show them to you, Black, if you want.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
I changed to Michelin mats. The design isn't perfect but the thickness and precision of cuts are excellent. They also give some covers to put over the front grommets once snapped in. This week they held rainwater for 3 days until it evaporated. I can show them to you, Black, if you want.

Did not realize Michilen made them as well. Where did you get them?
WeatherTech has covers for their grommets now. The Explorer, Highlander, and Sienna did not should keep the drivers in place nicely.

————————————————

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Now I'm glad I went with the Jeep-branded mats. I was wondering if I'd done the right thing because, while they were about half the price and look cooler, they don't have quite the coverage. If I'd paid what Weathertech costs and for what sound of y'all have reported, I'd have been damn annoyed.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... I'll check. got a set for my Avalon about 8 years ago and just got fronts for my Mom's Flex. Next time I'm down I'll take a closer look at them.

I suppose, if true, it could be traced to better polymer technology? Thinner but just as durable...?

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3810 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muddle_mann:
I suppose, if true, it could be traced to better polymer technology? Thinner but just as durable...?

People are complaining about the edges rolling up. Sounds to me more like "resting on their laurels."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
WeatherTech manufactures mats and liners. Could there be a difference in thickness/construction between the two? I bought a rear cargo/trunk liner for my 2011 Venza; it's plenty thick and has held up nicely for 6+ years of light duty.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pensfan
posted Hide Post
Yes. I just got a full coverage rear liner for my 2015 Silverado crew cab and they are definitely a lot thinner than the ones I had for my 2007 F-150.

Posts: 270 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: April 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muddle_mann:
Hmmm... I'll check. got a set for my Avalon about 8 years ago and just got fronts for my Mom's Flex. Next time I'm down I'll take a closer look at them.

The fronts don’t seem much different than my old ones.
The rears are much thinner and far more flexible you can roll them up and could fold them in half and they pop right back out with no noticeable effect. The old ones you can’t roll and if you tried to fold them you would certainly crease them.

quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
WeatherTech manufactures mats and liners. Could there be a difference in thickness/construction between the two? I bought a rear cargo/trunk liner for my 2011 Venza; it's plenty thick and has held up nicely for 6+ years of light duty.

Yes, there is a very large difference in the products. I am comparing liners to liners.
I bought the mats for the Sienna and that was an even larger mistake. I only had the Sienna for barely over a year and my pedal heel had almost worn it’s way through the mat.
They will certainly never be purchased again.

I am about a week in and there is no doubt these rears will roll. The 2nd row that gets the boys foot traffic is already starting to raise up on the edge by the door.

————————————————

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I bought the mats for the Sienna and that was an even larger mistake. I only had the Sienna for barely over a year and my pedal heel had almost worn it’s way through the mat.

I bought the mats, too. It was also a mistake for me. After the first year they were so nasty-looking I resorted to a low-ish-pressure electric power washer to try to get them clean. Not only did even that not get them clean, but it nicked/scored the material. I don't think I hit them that hard.

quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
They will certainly never be purchased again.

My experience with WeatherTech mats is one reason I found it easy to pass on their liners.

posted Hide Post
Ive had a set of the weathertech front liners for 4 years now and wouldn't hesitate to buy another set. I have had a weathertech seat cover for about 5 months and will never buy another one from them. Seat cover is well made, but doesn't stay on the seat as there is no strap that goes actually underneath the seat.

Posts: 1029 | Location: CT | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jayhalsey:
Ive had a set of the weathertech front liners for 4 years now and wouldn't hesitate to buy another set. I have had a weathertech seat cover for about 5 months and will never buy another one from them. Seat cover is well made, but doesn't stay on the seat as there is no strap that goes actually underneath the seat.

They are most certainly doing something different than 4 years ago.
I bought the liners for our Highlander 4 years ago and they are excellent. Still in fantastic shape as are the ones I bought for an Explorer 10 years ago.

Hence the reason I went with WeatherTech for the Expedition. Not even close to the same product for the rear liners as years past.
I am highly disappointed. I’ll get a pic here in a bit to show the curl already happening after a week and we have not been over 60 degrees canny imagine what the summer heat will be doing.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
been very pleased with the WT front liners on my Hyundai sonata purchased 4 yrs ago..i would buy again if needed...

Posts: 29 | Registered: March 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The set I put in my 2013 Edge are very nice and work well. The set the dealer put in for my 2018 Silverado just dont seem as good. They don't seem as strong and the fit isn't as good.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
I just put a full set (including the cargo liner) from Husky in a new 4Runner and I'm pleased with them. They seem thick enough and fit well.

My only complaint is that they put cleats on the entire back side of the mats, even the areas that fit over a hard surface, as you can see in a pic below from their website. I used a razor blade to trim the cleats from those areas to make them fit flatter.

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post