SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone buy WeatherTech floor liners recently, do they seem a lot thinner?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone buy WeatherTech floor liners recently, do they seem a lot thinner? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
1st set I bought likely 10 years ago for an 2002 Explorer nice and thick and not too flexible. They were Cabelas branded Trail Gear but made by WeatherTech

4 years ago for a Toyota Highlander ordered off Amazon from WeatherTech same thickness as Explorers

1 year ago bought the all weather mats instead for the Sienna. Not sure why I made that mistake. So it has been for years since buying floor liners.

Got my set today for the Expedition again I ordered them from Cabelas TrailGear but these have the WeatherTech badge. These are much thinner than the others I have had. Especially the rear rows you can pretty much roll them up.

Anyone else notice this??

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new Silverado has floor liners supposedly made by WeatherTech (so I was told) and they seem less heavy duty than other WT I had in the past.
Check out Lloyd mats. Priced right and made right. I put a full length set in the rear of my truck.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Yes. After reading all the praise for them, I bought a set for my 2015 Highlander. They seem thin and the edges of the ones in back have all curled significantly. I'm pretty disappointed and will probably replace then with something else. I certainly wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1975 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I have had a few sets, and just got a set last year but just the fronts. Haven't noticed that myself. Thanks for the heads up.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redleg06:
Yes. After reading all the praise for them, I bought a set for my 2015 Highlander. They seem thin and the edges of the ones in back have all curled significantly. I'm pretty disappointed and will probably replace then with something else. I certainly wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

The ones in our 2012 Highlander are great. No rolled edges on any of the 3 rows.

I am going to see if they have any of the Husky liners in stock to compare their thickness.

They are $7 more for the set so I may return the WeatherTechs if the Huskys are thicker.

Highly disappointed in these liners at the moment.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
I have had a few sets, and just got a set last year but just the fronts. Haven't noticed that myself. Thanks for the heads up.

The fronts don’t seem as thin and won’t roll because they are almost bowl like with some higher sides going up the center console and up under the pedals and along the kick panel.

Mainly disappointed in the rears.

————————————————

Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
If you ordered them through amazon you may have gotten a counterfeit version.

Counterfiet WeatherTech Floor Mats

edit: link above is probably worthless - looks to regarding mats that are obviously not weathertech mats.

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Yes, I think they are thinner made compared to a few years ago. And, not as well designed. I had a 2005 or 2007, can't remember which. Anyhow, I went to install them, and they covered a vent in the front center console. I finally got in touch with a person at WeatherTech to discuss the mat covering the vent. They insisted it didn't cover the vent. It plainly did. I thought they just refused to admit they had a design flaw.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14005 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I ordered mine directly from WeatherTech.

I've used them for at least 20 years; I still like them, but they're not the quality they used to be.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I just put a Set of Husky's (front only) in my Tacoma. They are very thick and just flexible enough to allow for easy in and out. Zero roll at the edges. They've only been in for a couple of weeks so we'll see down the line. For some reason, WeatherTech didn't have a custom set for my Tacoma.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I bought mine directly from Weather Tech for my 2016 Expedition. Front mats, second row mats and a set for in front of the third row. I bought the laser cut mats. They seem fine to me and fit like a glove. No cirling no moving around.

I had to buy A Husky cargo mat for it for when the 3rd row seats are down. I wanted something to cover the cargo area from the back of the second row to the tailgate. Weather Tech didn't make one. That mat might be slightly thicker but it's hard to tell.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I bought a set in 2013 for my Sporttrac and they were thick, grippy and nice.

Bought a set for the Ram in 2015 and they kinda suck. Slippery, thickness is fine, but if it’s wet, your gonna bust your kneee if you’re not careful.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Should never have sold the van.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I have WT in my '16 F150 and they are just as robust as the ones in my '14 F150, no difference that I can see.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
They do have different trim levels of liners, it seems. Which ones did you get?

I am a huge fan of their rain guards. They're especially useful here in the Orlando area.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I used Weathertech's for years but put Husky X-Act Contours in my latest truck and I think they're nicer than Weathertech's.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Peanut15
posted Hide Post
Ordered from Weathertech when we got our 2015 CRV. Front and back. They were very flimsy. Sent them back.

Posts: 57 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: October 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You may have gotten counterfeit, not real ones.

Amazon and eBay are LOADED with counterfeits and knockoffs.

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Bought a set for our 2016 Lexus GX, the front liners are awesome the second row not so much. They have rolled, slide around, I am meaning to email them but have not gotten around to it.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty happy with the ones for my 2017 Tundra. The only other set I've owned were for a 4Runner a few years back and these seem about the same. I ordered directly from Weathertech's website and got the laser measured Floorliner. For front and back, they cost about $100 more than the Weathertech All-Weather floormats, which are more flexible.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post