SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    new boots and lace and thing on the end question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new boots and lace and thing on the end question. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So I ordered a new pair of winter pac boots. These should last my life time for winter back snow and cold country use. Probably go through a few pair of liners. But the boots themselves are built to last.

So my question is about threading the laces through them and the little flap thing. Not sure what it is called.

Now I own a lot of boots and have done this a bunch. I know there are many ways to do this. Wondering what your method is before I do it video would help. Yes I have used YT, but did not really seeing anything that answered my question mostly about the flap to start the process. Thanks guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19161 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of different patterns here:

https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Old dino, I appreciate the name of that piece. None of those youtube vids show an actual lacing starting with it. That is what I am wanting. Again. Thanks.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19161 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post