SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Goodness the Chi Bears qb is most certainly a bust
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodness the Chi Bears qb is most certainly a bust Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Could of had Mahomes and jumped up to the second pick in the draft to take Trib. The gm should be doing the after game laundry by now. Mad

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol, as a Packer fan I'm loving this. I hope they sign Kaperpunk.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Trubisky does indeed look like a bust.

In defense of the GM there are a lot of highly drafted QBs that go bust.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:

And, in past years, the Arizona Cardinals signed most of them.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Thank god we have Russell Wilson.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No team did as bad as the Browns did in the 2017 NFL draft.

3 picks in the top 30 - One suspended, one traded, and one hurt.

So out of those picks, not one is currently contributing to the team. That's beyond bad.

Their 2nd round QB - not even on the team anymore either.

At least their 3rd round lineman is playing well - Ogunjobi. But I think he is suspended as well. And the rest of their draft class isn't on the team anymore either.

How do people who make millions screw up that bad?

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do people who make millions screw up that bad?

By being stupid enough to listen to the press and hangers-on who want a piece of those millions.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not just Trubisky. Terrible play calling by Naggy, uninspired and under performing defense, zero tight end productivity, and an atrocious offensive line have all had a hand in this debacle of a season. Trubisky is a problem but there are others that should get some credit.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
The Bears have next to zero luck selecting QB's. The last notable one was Jim McMahon in the mid 80's. After that it's a list of mostly losers or at least very low tier talents. Any winning they did in the past 35 years~ since McMahon has been produced by their defense. They tried with Trubisky moving up to draft him when they could possibly have had Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. Either they don't know how to evaluate talent, or they are stuck with the "defense wins" paradigm.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
BEARS, another 5 letter word for SUCKS.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:

I hope Kaepernick never plays again. Besides, the longer Chicago keeps insisting that Trubisky is their guy, the better I (as a long time Packers fan) like it.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
The Bears have next to zero luck selecting QB's. The last notable one was Jim McMahon in the mid 80's. After that it's a list of mostly losers or at least very low tier talents. Any winning they did in the past 35 years~ since McMahon has been produced by their defense. They tried with Trubisky moving up to draft him when they could possibly have had Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. Either they don't know how to evaluate talent, or they are stuck with the "defense wins" paradigm.

Ding, Ding, Ding...

We have a winner!

The above is 100% spot-on. Trubisky, the play calling /game management by Nagy. I give the defense a pass since they are holding teams to fairly low points output.

The bad news is that Ryan Pace (the GM) has to save face and not bail on Trubisky; although, his hip injury may be a way out. Which leads to...

...While I don't think too highly of Cam Newton's mental toughness (since his failure to dive after that loose ball during his Superbowl appearance), I would not object to having him give it a go as Bears QB.

Hell, at this point, I would even consider Kapernick.

Posts: 1295 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
This song by the Happy Schnapps Polka Combo sums it up eloquently.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I've followed the Bears since the 1960's and they've never seemed to field a modern offense. The list of Bear QB's over that half century is immense. Surely some decent players came and went, but the idiotic management has always assumed playing outdoors in Chicago means the vertical game is not to be cultivated. Good QB's there have never stood a chance. BTW GB never got that memo about playing outside.

Back in the day, Rudy Bukich would entertain the crowd pre-game by standing on one goal line and try to throw through the opposite goal post. Roll Eyes

Maybe it's a Chicago thing. The hapless Chicago Cardinals once chose a QB first round because the powers that be were impressed by his picture on his school's team brochure. Or so I heard.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:

Trubisky wasn't even the best QB in his own conference (Watson) yet, the Bears thought him a better choice than Watson who had better statistics and played in numerous high-pressure games...and won. I get the issue of compatibility fit, I think the NFL has moved past pushing round-peg players into square-hole coaching philosophy, not sure if there's ever been a QB drafted so high, with less starts or, pivotal games performed in.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trubisky (Turdbiscuit) as he is occasionally called by a friend, just happened to have a flashy season that year. The Bears fell for the shiny object as the press typically glorifies unc players. It is a university that turns out a metric crap load of journalistic types.

I am sure that all fans of the other NFC Central teams were secretly glad to see the pick.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Quit your bitching, at least the Redskins aren't your team.

Mic drop.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:

I hope Kaepernick never plays again. Besides, the longer Chicago keeps insisting that Trubisky is their guy, the better I (as a long time Packers fan) like it.

That dude is done. He just had a tryout with most teams sending a rep to watch him workout and throw. The idiot changed the venue at the last minute, so only 7 team reps showed up. They show up and he was wearing a Kunta Kinte t-shirt. He did himself in. Even the talking heads on the sports shows were bitching saying you wear that to a job interview? Idiot just wants to be martyr.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...pired-145222862.html

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Momma Bear and Daddy Bear are getting a much needed and tumultuous divorce.

The current court situation in front of the Judge is about the custody of Baby Bear-

The Judge asks Baby Bear if he wants to go live with Momma Bear.

"No your Honor. Momma Bear beats me!"

The Judge asks Baby Bear if he wants to live with Daddy Bear.

"No your Honor. Daddy Bear beats me too!"

"Well, Lil Bear, who do you want to live with?"

Baby Bear jumps up and says:
"THE CHICAGO BEARS, THEY CANT BEAT ANYONE!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GM Pace and Nagy have been getting fried by the local press for the last month. Pace drafted a QB that I believe played in 12 games at UNC. Nagy refuses to run the ball or let Trubisky throw out of a moving pocket. Rookie GM and head coach which is looking like one and done for their careers.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post