SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are You Dropping USAA Insurance?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are You Dropping USAA Insurance? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I used to joke I joined Army ROTC so I could become a USAA member. My Dad was a career naval officer so I already qualified. Then they pretty much allowed folks who watched a war movie once a few years ago in. And advertised like crazy.

USAA has always had good to excellent (usually excellent) service and prices. They've taken good care of my family through one moderate plumbing-related flooding episode and a MAJOR one, less than two (damn) years later.

I'm sticking with them.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've been with them for fifteen or so years but have only had one claim. My water heater blew while I was working out of state and flooded my place before ultimately shorting out the electricity to the heater. For roughly a month it sat and stewed. Between the water and the mold damage, everything from 4 ft down had to stripped out, dried, and rebuilt.

The check was in the mail in a matter of days and was more than enough to cover the cost. I was very satisfied.

I have vehicle and homeowners and I've been very satisfied with their rates. My premiums are actually going down.

I have no intention of leaving them.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:

Got a lower rate and better coverage than I originally had with USAA through GEICO.

What were the coverage differences?

I have heard a great many switch insurers over cost, but never a claim of different coverages.

True, liability coverages are the same but Geico policy has lower C&C deductables, $500 vs $1000 for USAA.

I understand insurers sometimes have to raise rates but a 28% raise in one swoop is too much, IMO.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I will be looking foe another on Tuesday!
Look Who Just Betrayed Hannity, Will You Boycott Them?...

Because they are exercising their right to advertise where they want to? Goodness...no I wouldn't (if I had them). I couldn't give a rat's ass about what some squawk-box political pundit has to say...on the LEFT or the RIGHT! So the fact that a quality company like USAA is choosing to advertise elsewhere is equally unconcerning to me.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Hannity reported today on his show that USAA has returned as well as some others who had recently dropped advertzing on his show. Apparently they got the message from their membership.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Excellent

And now, we must make them pay for their disloyalty

OK, just kidding

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It appears USAA is going to advertise on Hannity again due to veteran complaints.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s...=2017-05-30-14-30-57

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Soros gang at Mediamatters didn't foresee these unintended consequences of their attempts to intimidate advertisiers of conservative shows like Hannity. A counter group has been set up to fight fire with fire targeting liberal progressive shows. #StopTheScalpings is part of the Media Equality Project "Working Together, Against the Suppression of the First Amendment by the Left"
https://mediaequalizer.com/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usmc-nav:
I have had USAA for 7-10 years. I have had good service from them with my checking and insurance. But, I don't agree with their annual
dividend (profit sharing) only going to those members who were / are commissioned officers. I called after reading about others getting their dividend wondering why mine hadn't shown up. Was told that enlisted do not qualify. WTF, my dollars are the same as an officers dollars, aren't they? S/F

Not sure why you were told that, but that is not true. I have USAA because my father was in the Air Force (enlisted) and we both get dividend checks every year.

I'm sticking with USAA for now (I think). Their auto insurance rates aren't what they used to be but they are still in the ball park of other companies. I'm staying (for the time being) because of the service I received from past claims. If service drops off, or if prices go up too much more, I'll probably look elsewhere.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usmc-nav:
I have had USAA for 7-10 years. I have had good service from them with my checking and insurance. But, I don't agree with their annual
dividend (profit sharing) only going to those members who were / are commissioned officers. I called after reading about others getting their dividend wondering why mine hadn't shown up. Was told that enlisted do not qualify. WTF, my dollars are the same as an officers dollars, aren't they? S/F

You've been misinformed. Read this about how things work (Understanding USAA’s Subscriber Savings Account):
http://themilitarywallet.com/u...nt-insurance-policy/

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Upper management at USAA seems utterly clueless.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

+1

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
In my mailbox today:

I’m reaching out to you today, as I have in the past, to ensure you’re aware of an issue impacting USAA.

We are a mission-driven, values-based organization that strongly advocates for and supports the military community. We passionately focus on both those currently serving and our veterans who have given so much for our country. Our track record in this area since our beginning in 1922 is well documented while our efforts of support and advocacy grow each year. This will not change.

As some of you may know, we have recently come under scrutiny for pulling ads from “Hannity” on Fox News and other opinion-based programs, including: “The Rachel Maddow Show” and “Hardball with Chris Matthews” on MSNBC and “The Lead” with Jake Tapper on CNN. Our long-standing advertising policy has been not to advertise on opinion-based shows to avoid any suggestion of bias or support for one set of views over another.

We heard from our members and recognize that when we identified our error and removed advertising from “Hannity,” we created confusion and concern. Some members mistakenly believed USAA was caving to pressure or abandoning a TV personality who is a strong supporter of the military. This is not the case. Our decision was based on our existing advertising policy and not the result of outside pressure or related to anything that Mr. Hannity said on his show. We recognize the value of these programs and believe in free speech.

The lines between news and editorial are increasingly blurred. Given the recent events and feedback from our members, we are reviewing our policy to determine how to best apply it in today’s environment and in line with our mission. While we do that, we will reinstate all previously removed ads on programs representing a variety of perspectives. This will be done later this week.

Irrespective of where we land on our advertising policy, know that we have and will continue to proudly serve our members, their families and our military community. We have consistently demonstrated this through our actions: the donations we make to military charities, our efforts in financial literacy for junior enlisted, the veterans and military spouses we employ and assist with employment elsewhere, our willingness to provide loans at no interest when those serving are not paid, and the way we care for our members in times of need.

As always, I thank you for your service to our country and your commitment to USAA.

Respectfully,

John Bird VADM USN (Ret)

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

+1

Good information here. Some asswagon on the USAA BoD named Lester Lyles donated to former President Fascist FuckFace, and current Not-the-President Female Fascist FuckFace.

https://spectator.org/backlash...up-for-sean-hannity/

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
In my mailbox today:

I’m reaching out to you today, as I have in the past, to ensure you’re aware of an issue impacting USAA.

We are a mission-driven, values-based organization that strongly advocates for and supports the military community. We passionately focus on both those currently serving and our veterans who have given so much for our country. Our track record in this area since our beginning in 1922 is well documented while our efforts of support and advocacy grow each year. This will not change.

As some of you may know, we have recently come under scrutiny for pulling ads from “Hannity” on Fox News and other opinion-based programs, including: “The Rachel Maddow Show” and “Hardball with Chris Matthews” on MSNBC and “The Lead” with Jake Tapper on CNN. Our long-standing advertising policy has been not to advertise on opinion-based shows to avoid any suggestion of bias or support for one set of views over another.

We heard from our members and recognize that when we identified our error and removed advertising from “Hannity,” we created confusion and concern. Some members mistakenly believed USAA was caving to pressure or abandoning a TV personality who is a strong supporter of the military. This is not the case. Our decision was based on our existing advertising policy and not the result of outside pressure or related to anything that Mr. Hannity said on his show. We recognize the value of these programs and believe in free speech.

The lines between news and editorial are increasingly blurred. Given the recent events and feedback from our members, we are reviewing our policy to determine how to best apply it in today’s environment and in line with our mission. While we do that, we will reinstate all previously removed ads on programs representing a variety of perspectives. This will be done later this week.

Irrespective of where we land on our advertising policy, know that we have and will continue to proudly serve our members, their families and our military community. We have consistently demonstrated this through our actions: the donations we make to military charities, our efforts in financial literacy for junior enlisted, the veterans and military spouses we employ and assist with employment elsewhere, our willingness to provide loans at no interest when those serving are not paid, and the way we care for our members in times of need.

As always, I thank you for your service to our country and your commitment to USAA.

Respectfully,

John Bird VADM USN (Ret)

I wrote them about being spineless Jellyfish and received the same letter Smile

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I would prefer USAA stop advertising altogether.

It did just fine when there were no ads. Those eligible almost always know.

Near 50 year member now. I calculated some years ago that I saved more in insurance costs over the years than I MADE the entire time I was in the Navy. Now my dividends are more than my auto insurance premiums.

Agreed.

Irks me every time I see it.

While they seem to have been going down hill in some ways, I still have yet to find another company that beats them.

I've been driving for 23 years, I've had USAA automobile insurance for all 23 of those years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I keep getting mail from them all the time, so I called to get a price on car insurance. State Farm has no worries. It wasn't even close.

As far as them dropping Hannity goes, I'm all for it. He's a douchebag bully.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2010Challenger:

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

He we go.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
And you're a troll, which means that your days here are numbered. I can guarantee it.