SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are You Dropping USAA Insurance?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are You Dropping USAA Insurance? Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
I will be looking foe another on Tuesday!
Look Who Just Betrayed Hannity, Will You Boycott Them?
You have likely heard about the controversy surrounding Sean Hannity. He is in the process of trying to expose the Seth Rich story, and the liberal media is NOT happy.

We discovered via The Gateway Pundit that the USAA is pulling their advertising contract with Hannity. We are frankly shocked that the USAA, a company that helps out the active military with financial services, would remove their advertising over liberal propaganda. Now we can see firsthand what Sean was talking about when he brought up the media censoring him.

You might be wondering who exactly is responsible for the trouble Hannity is facing at this time. It all stems from a left-wing propaganda machine called Media Matters. A document from one of their insider meetings reveals that they want to take out ANYONE with a right-leaning ideology.

Media Matters is upset with Sean because he is trying to expose a conspiracy masked around the death of Seth Rich and the DNC. It seems awfully suspicious that a leftist group is trying to shut him down! If they were innocent, you would think that their goal would be to PROVE to the world that they did not commit such a horrible crime.

Instead of coming forward, they are trying to shut everyone down who suggests this idea. The corrupt Media Matters group released a page talking about how Sean is a “professional propagandist” for Donald Trump. How is questioning a murder unrelated to Trump in any way carrying water for the Right?

Media Matters released a link on their Twitter page detailing all of Hannity’s advertisers. They encouraged people to go there, contact the sponsors, and intimidate them into dropping Hannity. DO NOT let them get the best of Sean.

We need to do everything in our power to make sure that Sean stays on the air and get his right to speak about what is on his mind. The PATRIOTS of this country need to contact these same advertisers.

A message needs to be passed along that says something along the lines of, “You are not a coward, right? Do not bend under pressure from the liberals. They WANT to break you.”

If there is a chance to save Hannity, it is going to come from us, the patriots. The Left wants to take him out at any cost, and we cannot bear to see another great voice of our country get silenced. Liberals want to put their agenda on the rest of us, and we are not going to have it.

If we have to go to these companies personally, we will do whatever we can to keep them advertising with Sean. Media Matters also mentioned Sean claiming that the Russian hack stories are “fake news.” The fact is, every story about this Russia hacking has fallen to pieces, which WOULD make it false.

http://www.angrypatriotmovemen...o-betrayed-hannity/?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I know there are Veteran Oriented insurance companies, any recommendation would help...
Thanks,
DTV

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
No.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could never join USAA for Insurance although I served 6 years Army, 3.5 years active.

They told me I didn't qualify, although a military retired persons offspring does.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I'm dissapointed they dropped him, but having dealt with several companies USAA has by leaps and bounds been the easiest to deal with. In fact every claim I have made they have not once challenged me and given more than a fair value. I'll be keeping my coverage.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
No! Are you crazy?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
They are not even close to the company they were, both in terms of claims and pricing.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
No.

I buy their services because they offer the best value for my situation, I don't care a lick where they choose to spend their advertising dollars.

I am not big on boycotting business for business decisions. Now if they decide to crusade for or support positions I disagree with and have nothing to do with their products (donated to gun control groups for example) then I might consider taking my business elsewhere.

End of the day though, I am mostly concerned with getting the best price/value/service for my insurance dollar and currently, that is with them.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I dropped their insurance because State Farm offered better rates.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Why not call them instead and, politely, express your displeasure?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I went shopping again this past year, as I do every year.

Travelers, which is a reputable company, beat the pants off of the quote that USAA gave us for family auto.

Three vehicles, adult drivers, no accidents / incidents / violations for many many years.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
911Boss said it the way I would've.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
They are not even close to the company they were, both in terms of claims and pricing.

This. Left them many years ago when their rates were no longer competitive. Not even in the ballpark.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I could never join USAA for Insurance although I served 6 years Army, 3.5 years active.

They told me I didn't qualify, although a military retired persons offspring does.

I think whoever told you that was misinformed. As long as you were honorably discharged, you're good to go.

quote:
Member Eligibility
Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military.
Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).
Adult children of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.
More items...

USAA Member Eligibility

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I would prefer USAA stop advertising altogether.

It did just fine when there were no ads. Those eligible almost always know.

Near 50 year member now. I calculated some years ago that I saved more in insurance costs over the years than I MADE the entire time I was in the Navy. Now my dividends are more than my auto insurance premiums.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:

I think whoever told you that was misinformed. As long as you were honorably discharged, you're good to go.

There was a time that USAA membership was only for commssioned officers. It changed in the late '80s if memory serves, opening up to all active, retired, and former military and their families.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:

There was a time that USAA membership was only for commssioned officers. It changed in the late '80s if memory serves, opening up to all active, retired, and former military and their families.

They didn't start accepting enlisted until 1996, and not until 2009 until it starting accepting all living service members with honorable discharges.

https://bucks.blogs.nytimes.co...ust-got-bigger/?_r=0

Their rates for me were absurd when I left around 2002. I checked again around 08 and they still were not even in the ballpark and haven't ever checked again.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

This. I didn't even know that they spent money trying to gain new clients. I assumed that word-of-mouth within the .mil community was enough. I'd rather them pass those dollars along in savings to keep rates top-tier.

Posts: 432 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WingedMedic:
I'd rather them pass those dollars along in savings to keep rates top-tier.

I'd encourage you to shop it the next time you're ready to renew if you haven't already.

From the late 80's til 02 I just assumed I was getting the best rates - when I shopped it I was floored. I don't know if their rates went up when they expanded the membership so much or what, but they were not even in the ballpark as far as rates go.

- John Adams

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WingedMedic:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

This. I didn't even know that they spent money trying to gain new clients. I assumed that word-of-mouth within the .mil community was enough. I'd rather them pass those dollars along in savings to keep rates top-tier.

When I reported on active duty, I was assigned to a "running mate" LTJG Carter, whose duty it was to show me around, explain the do's and don'ts, make sure I met the other officers and chiefs, knew where the Exchange was, the barber shop, the officers club, etc. There was a check list for all these items, and one was USAA. I had insurance with a local guy back home. I forget the numbers now, but as an unmarried under 25 yo male, I was paying top dollar on my new 1968 Mustang. USAA saved me a bundle then and ever since.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post