SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Target , my shopping experiance w / 4/9 update
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Target , my shopping experiance w / 4/9 update Login/Join 
posted
My 1st time in a target in 4-6 years,
I needed to get a temporary cell phone,

( something I know nothing about, zero zip, nadda)

Filled with mild depression, angst , doubt, misery, fear and loathing about the prospect of choosing an absolutely no frills, no inner net nothing phone and then getting it to work I went to the electronics dept .

My expectation level dropped even lower as I approached to see a teenager leaning against the counter.

before I could stop praying for the earth to open up and swallow me , Jeronius ( the young man)

pointed out the phone selection and the minutes selection and advised me of the two choices he felt would be good for my circumstance.

after eight more minutes I was totally satisfied that he knew his stuff,
I thanked him and let him know that his professionalism was appreciated .

Then on the way out , the manager happened to be standing near the check outs lanes,

I apprised him of my wonderful experience and let him know that I will very much consider shopping at his store again because of the young mans fine job in taking care of me.

He ( the Mgr) said that I had made his day and thanked me for letting him know.

the phone was as easy to initiate as Jeronius said it would be and is working fine, just fine, w/o calling any tech support in Taiwan.

Its been so o o o long since Ive gotten good customer service, I just had to share.

but maybe its me ?

I go in many places with expectations, and seem to leave very disappointed.

this time I did it the other way around

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54622 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... glad to read that all went well.

As I read this I thought, " ... wait ... you can ask Target employees for help?"

Fear and loathing indeed.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a good thing you didn't need to use the bathroom while you were there :-)

Posts: 944 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
glad to read that all went well.

its about my turn

Posts: 54622 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
One of the things Target does well is online access to in store product location. I explain: Bride registered at Target and sent us the link. Picked from registry list and it showed us the exact location. Aisle, section, shelf. Went in, wife touched the selected gift, bought it, out in 10 minutes.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, its a rare thing when someone knows their job.

It's always refreshing when you find someone who does.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
If you see a young person working retail, there's still a fair chance he is still working his way up in the world.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a good thing you didn't need to use the bathroom while you were there :-)

What I find absolutely amusing about this:

I'm in both Target and Walmart regularly. Sometimes several times a week. In all of my visits to Target, I have never, ever seen anything other than men and women. Never seen anybody going into the "wrong" restroom, never seen the police there dealing with miscreants, and have not heard a single report of any criminal acts anywhere in the country as a result of their restroom policies.

So those that have a problem with those policies cheer the decline of Target's stock price, and prefer to shop at Walmart.

My local Walmart employs transgenders. And if the odd employees aren't enough, that's where anybody who has any oddity goes to shop. Police there all the time. Assaults/robberies in their parking lots. Walmarts are a zoo compared to Target.

So it seems that some people have such a problem with Transgenders that they will avoid shopping at a place where none exist because of their restroom policy, and instead wish to frequent the place where they are surrounded by them (and I bet use the "wrong" restrooms while there).

I don't get it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering about btanchors post,

so he was addressing the bathroom policies? at target?

Re: who may use what room?

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Its been so o o o long since Ive gotten good customer service, I just had to share.

but maybe its me ?

Your expectations may have dramatically dropped. On the other hand, I recently had a good experience at Target, locating a Kitchen Aid Citrus Juicer.

If I worked retail, I'd choose Target over Kohls and KMart ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I recently had a similar experience with a young employee at a local store. Needed new hockey skates and the employee who helped me was able to explain the fit of the different models which was really important to me. Also what differences there were as you went up in price point. Very helpful and not what I expected.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you took the time to tell the boss.

An "atta boy" is good to get every so often.

I had a similar experience last summer at Best Buy, when I wanted to buy a camera.

Was into Photog years ago, but nothing for many years.
A college student from U. of Findlay helped me.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I worked at Target about 25 years ago.

Even then I had a scanner that I could shoot the bar code on any product and tell you exactly how many I had left in the back on what shelf down what ailse, etc.

As opposed to Kmart, where I worked at the same time, where we just literally chucked boxes of inventory into a massive pile in the warehouse and nobody knew where anything was or how many, etc. That's why if you ever ask anyone at Kmart do you have any more of these in the back, they just say no.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad to see you took the time to tell the boss.

An "atta boy" is good to get every so often.
per aquabird

I was in retail of some sort for over 30 years,
I am well aware,

posted Hide Post
I will grudgingly go to one of the Walmart’s here.

Another one I will go to, but not willingly, and not at night. That one my wife drove to recently, early afternoon, and said “Nope!” And drove away without even turning off the vehicle.

Target, on the other hand, has good looking women in yoga pants, a clean parking lot and building, no hood rats, and friendly if few employees in the aisles.

Posts: 517 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

but maybe its me ?

It's not you. Customer service is a mostly lost art. It's a shame that basic friendliness and competence are the exceptions and not the rule, but that's the world I live in. Good on you for letting the manager know the kid was doing good work too. But no, it's definitely not you.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer shopping at Target over Walmart.

Target might charge a few bucks more for a bag of goods........but the floors in their stores are CLEAN.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
It's all relative. Just this morning I was in Walmart and needed an Exacto type knife set. Couldn't find it in the tools section but saw an employee stocking shelves nearby. I asked her about it and she smiled and said "follow me". Now she had a "hitch" in her giddyup, meaning a slight limp, but nevertheless she personally took me half way across the store to the hobby section, right to the item I needed.

I thanked her several times for going above and beyond to help a customer.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
took the phone back to a different Target today , had a problem figuring it out.

Guy showed me how to work it, that was not addressed in the manual, 2 minutes flat, very happy with the Electronics dept, once again.

I asked the service desk about the Stainless steel insulated mugs that are on sale, he said he did not now where they were located. Roll Eyes ! D BAG ALERT!

after asking four people w/o success,
a lady stocking shelves asked me if she could assist me.

I explained the whole mess and she had someone bring me one , to the front of the store,
I ended up getting it , to try it out, but,
they are not made in the USA. $7.99, on sale

yes they told me what Isle they were in , but did not point me to a map of the store,
turns out they have no map !

I got "its either in the far left corner, in back or the other far back corner on the right"
, bone heads.

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
so which phone did you get? are they network phones (verizon, at&t, etc.)?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post