SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U2 - Joshua Tree tour
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U2 - Joshua Tree tour Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I used to like U2's music, I have Boy, October, and War on old vinyl (haven'y listened to them in decades). I had no use for The Joshua Tree, they jumped the shark, IMO. Did not like any of the songs, or the sound of the band, especially the rhythm section. They became more pretentious and bloated. Had a chance to see them free on their JT tour and didn't even bother. IMO, there were far better bands and albums during that time than U2.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw the way back in the day. Unforgettable Fire Tour and Joshua Tree Tour, both outstanding. Then saw them on their Zooropa tour, not sure wtf they were thinking with that.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being a huge fan of U2 minus their political leanings I was really disappointed that they weren't coming to Atlanta yet again. From what I can tell Bonnaroo is the blame for us getting the short end of the stick concert wise. Anyway, I was totally surprised by my girlfriend last night with tickets to see them next Friday in Louisville for my birthday and can't wait. I think Joshua Tree is one of their best with Actung Baby close behind.

Posts: 39 | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post