SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for CR-V 3/3 Hex Bit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for CR-V 3/3 Hex Bit Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted
I managed to break a CR-V 3/3 Hex bit. I find plenty of 3mm bits, but no 3/3 bits. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I consider myself a tool guy and heck I have lots of tools. But what the heck is a cr-v 3/3 hex bit? Not that I can help but at least I would know that I can't.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
CR-V 3/3 Hex bit

I don't want you to think I am a slacker, I did look in a couple of search engines and it really doesn't return anything that makes sense to me... (always willing to learn)

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
A lot of the Craftsman China made tools are marked CR-V. I've been trying to buy only American or Japan made lately.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Is it not 3/8 ?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The CrV part is the Chrome Vanadium which is a common tool steel like Craftsman uses.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If all we are talking about is a 3mm hex bit then the choices are unlimited. ANY quality supplier can do that. Pick your choice. I've used MAC, Snapon, Allen. Whia, Bondhus, MSC and others. Practically all the same. But really this can't be the actual question?

posted Hide Post
If you broke a craftsman class tool as David suggests, then just go get a real tool. seriously.

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Is it not 3/8 ?

Too small. It's a metric allen and fits screws that are too large for a 2mm, but too small for a 3mm. The drive bit is marked 3/3. I may need to check my allen keys and see exactly what size the broken bit corresponds to so I can hopefully find a replacement.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
How about 3/32nd ?

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about a 2.5 mm allen? We had those at work.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about 3/32nd ?

That would be my guess. It is in between 2mm and 3 mm in size (2.38 to be exact)

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21bubba:
How about 3/32nd ?

I got around to measuring and the fastener in question is in fact a 3\32. The size appears to be stamped high on the shank and the last number was left off.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Holy shit one day I'm going to pose a question/problem that no one on this forum will be able to answer! Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post