SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Glock 26/27 HandALL® Beavertail Grip Sleeve
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 26/27 HandALL® Beavertail Grip Sleeve Login/Join 
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted
Another New Press release regarding the Glock Beavertail HandAll sleeve.

To let all you Glock users know, Hogue Incorporated is proud to announce the newest addition to their line of HandALL®
Beavertail™ Grip Sleeves with a model precisely designed to fit Glock’s 26 & 27.

Though we have been making grip sleeves to fit Glocks since 1993, this latest revision features a precision fit for the 26 & 27 right out of the box.

The beavertail built into the grip sleeve rises high along the backstrap of the frame. This provides full rubber contact, allowing a higher hand-placement on the grip. In addition to protection and comfort, the beavertail also cushions the hand during recoil by providing better distribution of recoil forces. The built-in features of the grip sleeve provide comfort and confidence which in turn promotes accuracy.

The grip sleeve also alternatively fits Glock’s 31, 32 and 33 as well as H&K’s USP Compact .40.
Although not designed for a precision fit on these models, the grip will fit and function well.

Available in 5 colors. Contact your local dealer or Hogue direct. MSPR starting $10.95

To learn more ........

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1596 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I dunno'.

I enjoy Hogue products on my larger frame pistols, as they provide more purchase on my guns, but I just don't know about this one.

Do we really need another 'Glock Sock'? The problem hasn't changed. Two finger grip on a tiny 9mm. You're just not going to change the laws of physics, here.

I'll eventually break down and give it a try, though.

What would be really interesting is to see a G26 grip that accommodates three finger grips using a G19 mag. Just spit balling here.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Ken!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I always liked Handalls.
I have then on all my HK's and my Glock 19.

Posts: 22860 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

The problem hasn't changed. Two finger grip on a tiny 9mm. You're just not going to change the laws of physics, here.

What would be really interesting is to see a G26 grip that accommodates three finger grips using a G19 mag. Just spit balling here.

H&K-Guy

Problem? It's designed that way as a subcompact that is easy and accurate to shoot using as little as the thumb, middle and trigger finger. There's plenty of finger extensions that can add 0, 1 or 2 to its capacity and if one were so inclined they could use a 15 round G19 mag as is and would have plenty of space to rest a finger.

I'm sure you know all this but I'm curious as to why you think a grip manufacturer should be responsible to add another finger groove without essentially making a grip/frame cover that has limited options to anchor it in and has to figure out how the mag release will remain accessible, not to mention how much thicker the grip will become. Has any company designed a replacement grip that adds a finger groove and if so have they made one for Glock? Because that's where you should start if that's what you're looking for.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Eye:
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

The problem hasn't changed. Two finger grip on a tiny 9mm. You're just not going to change the laws of physics, here.

H&K-Guy

Problem? It's designed that way as a subcompact that is easy and accurate to shoot using as little as the thumb, middle and trigger finger. There's plenty of finger extensions that can add 0, 1 or 2 to its capacity and if one were so inclined they could use a 15 round G19 mag as is and would have plenty of space to rest a finger.

I'm sure you know all this but I'm curious as to why you think a grip manufacturer should be responsible to add another finger groove without essentially making a grip/frame cover that has limited options to anchor it in and has to figure out how the mag release will remain accessible, not to mention how much thicker the grip will become. Has any company designed a replacement grip that adds a finger groove and if so have they made one for Glock? Because that's where you should start if that's what you're looking for.

DE,

First, my problem is not one that the general populace has to endure. I have the hands of a nine year old girl. This leaves me sensitive to various types of grips. I am simply unable to enjoy the freedom of grip choices every one else gets to try. Thus, my frustration. The latest and greatest new whiz-bang product for you is many times just a source of exasperation and irritation for me.

As stated, I'll probably wind up trying this one, though.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm so happy with the Hogue grips I've installed on my Sig pistols, that I'm tempted to go ahead and buy this for the G26 I haven't yet bought.

God bless America.

Posts: 13428 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
..... I'm tempted to go ahead and buy this for the G26 I haven't yet bought.

Great Choice. Advisable. Smile Thank You

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1596 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Great!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My wife will love this for her G26.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
The texture of my gen 4 grip is a bit more aggressive than I'd like, but wrapping it with tape or using the Talon stick on pads don't appeal to me.

So, I ordered one of these sleeves. The instructions to use Windex, shims and heat were followed, but so far, that little sleeve has won every round. Maybe it wasn't designed to fit over every backstrap option. Maybe I didn't cook it hot enough with the hair drier. I don't know. Let me hear how some of you installed yours.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
The texture of my gen 4 grip

Those little pyramids are really grabby aren't they!

I have put a Houge sleeve on every Glock I own - full size, compact, subcompact and the baby 42.
Not sure how well this grip would play with the GripForce adapters I also put on every Glock. Would be interesting to try it.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got two of the Handall Beavertail sleeves from Hogue . . . one for my son's BERSA Thunder and one for my GF's M&P Shield.

The BERSA: Greatly improved the grip & control on the smaller gun. It did not, however, make the Bersa any more pleasant to shoot.

The M&P Shield: Again, it greatly improved the grip & control on a smaller gun. The Shield is a pretty nice shooting gun to start with. The grip sleeve just made it fit her hand better.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sportshooter; Dropped mine in a pan of boiling water for a couple of minutes. Then fished it out and started pulling it onto the gun.
Stubborn little bugger, but finally got it on.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DukeMinski:
Sportshooter; Dropped mine in a pan of boiling water for a couple of minutes. Then fished it out and started pulling it onto the gun.

Sounds like a better idea than than the hair drier technique. Did you use shims and some sort of lubricant?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by DukeMinski:
Sportshooter; Dropped mine in a pan of boiling water for a couple of minutes.....

Sounds like a better idea than than the hair drier technique. Did you use shims and some sort of lubricant?

Keep in mind, If the grip fit is loose, the grip will move during use and we all know that is not desired.
Yes, these are a "bugger" to install. On the course textured frames shims and Windex would make it easier to slide on, still a bugger but you can do it. Cut up the package and use that for your shims over the textured area. Once installed, slide the shim out. Warming the grip up will help also. Once you have the grip in position, let it be while the Windex/lubricant you use dries. Once dry your are good to go.
Be patient, it will be worth the effort.

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I put one of the Ruger LC9 Hogue sleeves like the one illustrated on my Kel Tec PF9.

I really like the setup, and my techique for in stalling is using popsicle sticks on the sides as shims,and some Dawn dishwashing soap

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post