SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Members in the Clayton, NC area?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Members in the Clayton, NC area? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
Anyone?

I'm looking to learn more about the area, starting with good restaurants. I'll be heading there soon, and maybe somewhat regularly afterward.

I'm down for a good pub, and the quickie Google search tells me there are a couple in the area. In order to suit others in the party, I'll also have to look for non-pub environments (perhaps quieter for conversation).

Who's got recommendations? Thanks, all.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with that area but if you pass thru Winston on your way let me know and we will braaap some sportbikes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
Clayton resident here. I'm not a drinker so I can't tell you first hand about beer joints or where to get a good brew. I hear good things about the Cleveland Draft House and McKinleys Restaurant and Pub. Jones Cafe in downtown Clayton is a must. Mannings in down town is good as well. If you want to try the local BBQ flair you drive just outside Clayton and go to Charlie's BBQ. Smithfield's Chicken and BBQ also near downtown is good for a quick bite.

If you have anymore questions, email me at awkeaton711@gmail.com

-Austin

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I'm not familiar with that area but if you pass thru Winston on your way let me know and we will braaap some sportbikes.

Indeed! I'll have to remember to toss a helmet in the truck.
How's that old Eleven project?
Interesting you said "braaap" -- that's my neighbor's license plate!

quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
Clayton resident here. {snip} Cleveland Draft House and McKinleys Restaurant and Pub. Jones Cafe in downtown Clayton is a must.

Thank you. I've been to a Cleveland Draft House (are there two of those in the area?), and BBQ will certainly be on my list of things to explore. I'll be in Smithfield a bit, too....

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Parents and sisters family have been there going on 20 years. Places mentioned plus I've liked Venero's Pizza on Hwy 70.

Think it was White Swan down in Smithfield that had interesting local fare.

Headed out there for the holidays.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good info above regarding food.

Otherwise : nice, suburban area. Johnston County is a VERY conservative (R) county. I want to say we had the highest turn-out for Trump in NC in the election.

--if you should consider relocating--

Pro-RKBA sheriff. Good area to relocate to IMO.

Decent public schools with minimal social justice non-sense (kids can pray before and after football games, for instance...) Growing rapidly. (been here 10+ years)

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
vthoky, the poor Eleven has not been brought back to life yet. I've been preoccupied with the R1 since it took MUCH less effort to get it roadworthy. Good news is that I just bought the last bits and pieces I needed for the R1 so the R1 will be done soon and the big old Yamaha superbike is next.

I reeeeeeeally need to fix the XS eleven soon. My wife bitches endlessly about how ugly it is. She doesn't realize when I'm done it will be absolutely gorgeous. Ive also been told until I get the XS fixed I cannot acquire any new bikes so there is that too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
My wife bitches endlessly about how ugly it is.

But she evidently doesn't complain about how many you have! I'd call that a win, sir! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
Good info above regarding food.

Otherwise : nice, suburban area. {snip}

Thank you for the information. I've visited a couple of times now, but haven't really gotten to spend solid time looking around. That's coming, though! I'm planning to be there about once a month for a while, if all goes my way.

God bless America.