SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone still using your old 35mm camera?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone still using your old 35mm camera? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I started photography with my brother's AE1 Program and have since moved to digital with a Nikon D7000. I bought a Nikon F100 to get back into film but the last roll I've shot was a couple of years ago. I still have a few rolls of Portra, Velvia iand Tri-X in the freezer. If any of you wanting to let go of your Nikon film cameras or a Canon AE1P let me know. Its nice to have multiple bodies loaded with different films ready to go.

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
My Minolta SRT-101 is still around.

I have one also.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
I'm not using a 35mm right now - I'm using a Polaroid 600!

Which one and which film, if you don't mind?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Somewhere I have a Nikkormat FT, a Nikon N70, and a Nikon FE but I have no idea where they are. I'm currently using my 3rd digital camera, a Nikon D7100.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
I still have my Nikon FM, and an ancient Nikon F with the photonic head. I haven't used them in 20 years.

I have a FM as well,
have not used it in at least 20yrs,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Nikon F3 and my Nikkormat both sit on a closet shelf, but that's because I lost interest in photography.

I used the F3 to shoot pics for my girlfriend's website that she started almost 20 years ago (it never took off, and she closed it when she got cancer), but transitioned to digital since it was easier and cheaper for that purpose. Last time it was used was about 10 years ago.

I think the last time I used the Nikkormat was to photograph the Bears Super Bowl victory parade, so 1985. I checked a couple years ago, and the batteries I need for the light meter are no longer made.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first camera was a Canon AE1 purchased from Underground Camera in MA with Boston Globe paper route money.

I was fortunate to have had several neighbors who were very into photography and helped me quite a bit including an elderly woman who bought her home from a professional photographer and still had the darkroom set up in basement. I was allowed to use it (separate entrance) as I pleased in exchange for yard work and snow removal.

The AE1 is long gone but I still have my Grandfathers Leica M3 and a Nikon F3 that I purchased from the estate of a mentor/dear friend who died way too early.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
All of my Yashica Electro35s had trashed light seals when I got them; the seals had turned to a super-sticky goo. I replaced all of them myself using black felt and black craft foam from Wal-Mart, and they’ve been going for over 15 years now without further issue!

Please don’t retire or trash a quality camera over something simple like light seals!!! Give it a new life! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I use my old Olympus OM-2 quite regularly. I bought it in 1983 and used it my last two years of high school as the yearbook photographer. It's starting to develop a light leak, and I don't think the seals are available anymore. Might be time to retire it.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
Were you by chance in SE Asia? I also still have my Yashica that I bought at the PX in LongBinh in 1970.
<<snip>>

Nope, got all of mine off of eBay (except for one given to me by a friend) to restore and put back into service. Kept buying the expensive all-black ones also once I discovered them until I found a pristine model, and that is the one I still have as I sold off the rest.

I still have probably a half dozen of the silver ones, at least one of which is fully functional , but I never use that one anymore (I gave one other to someone I found who would truly appreciate it and take care of it, and actually use it). The others are just kept for parts at this point...

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have a pentax me super that has been collecting dust 4 ever just tough to take the pictures hoping they will turn out. When I did get it right the pictures were fabulous

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dug my AE-1 out today. It still had the darn battery in it from at least 20 years ago. I thought for sure it was done for but the battery hadn’t leaked a bit. Same with the flash. It all looks to be in good shape. My fingers are crossed.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Sold my Nikon bodies and lenses about 15 years ago and went digital point-and-shoot. Now I'm back to Nikon DSLR.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
My Minolta SRT-101 is still around.

I have one also.

Me, too. My first real camera bought on a trip to Europe in 1973. Love it, but don't do much photography these days, other than notebook-type shots with my phone's camera.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Last year I used my Leica SL2, with Summicron-R lens. I purchased it the day my first son was born - 12-20-74. I have some incredible baby photos - and he turned out pretty good, too. Wink

My film was Kodachrome 54, and I still have a couple of rolls.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2274 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember buying my first SLR when I was 12...a Pentax K1000SE...since then it has been a blur of bodies and manufacturers, from Pentax to Nikon to Canon, back to Nikon and now FujiFilm.

There are days I miss my F3 cameras...they could take such a beating...and mine did. My favorite advertisement was Nikon’s double page of beat to Hell F3HPs laying on an old map...

Those were the days... Cool

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Yes, the 300mm lens works great for when escape my desk for ...cough cough..."tower inspections"

No cell phone can show cabling at 200'

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redleg2/9:
Last year I used my Leica SL2, with Summicron-R lens. I purchased it the day my first son was born - 12-20-74. I have some incredible baby photos - and he turned out pretty good, too. Wink

My film was Kodachrome 54, and I still have a couple of rolls.

The SL2 was built like a tank. I wish I had bought one.

My current 35 mm film cameras are a Leica M3 and a R8. With about a dozen of Leica lens I have, I should buy a mirror-less Digital camera and an adapter so as to use those fine German lens.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GWbiker,

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I finally moved on from my cherished Olympus OM-2N camera with a handful of lenses. But my youngest son picked it up and still shoots film. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I worked as a pro for 25 years but rarely used 35mm. Mostly 8X10 view camera or if roll film was required it was shot with a Blad or a Mamiya RB67.
I still have some of my 35mm stuff.
A Nikon Nikormat, Nikon F2,Nikor lenses in,35mm, 50mm, 105mm,50-300mm zoom,and 1000mm reflex.
I just bought an adapter to try and use the 1000mm Nikor as a telescope.

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post