SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Terminally ill dog gets free cheeseburgers for life at Burger King
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terminally ill dog gets free cheeseburgers for life at Burger King Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
It's not often that I have anything nice to say about Burger King but they get a thumbs up for this Wink

A family dog will live out the rest of his days with a happy stomach thanks to Burger King. One of the fast-food chain's restaurants in Toledo, Ohio, is treating 10-year-old Cody, a Boxer-Lab mix who has terminal cancer, to his favorite snack -- cheeseburgers -- for free.

"My family and I were heartbroken over the news, but we decided we wanted to try and make the last part of his life the best we could," he wrote. "Everyday since we found out, we've gotten him a plain cheeseburger to eat with his many medications to make it easier and more enjoyable for him."

Then on Sunday, when Karcher visited a Burger King on Alexis Road to get Cody's burger, an employee politely asked why he was getting a plain burger -- and he told her why. The Burger King employee left to speak with her manager, who said Cody could eat cheeseburgers for free at their location, according to Karcher.

"I can't explain how much that means to us, and my family and I are beyond appreciative," Karcher wrote, adding the employees at the location are "the best around."

Burger King's corporate Twitter account responded to Karcher's tweet, saying "the world needs more kindness and empathy."

"Thank you for giving us the chance to do this for Cody," the account replied.

Lynn Morris, Karcher's mother, told CBS affiliate WTOL-TV her family wants the rest of Cody's days to be as comfortable as possible.

"He's such a loyal dog," Morris said. "We call him 'our old gentleman' because of how he looks out for us. We wanted to thank him for being such a good boy."

She also expressed her gratitude to the Burger King workers for their act of kindness and wanted to remind people to always adopt their pets -- after all she took in Cody when he was just 8 weeks old.

"They turn out to be the best companions," she said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/t...er-king-toledo-ohio/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Good for them! Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy monitor

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Mine too, and I don't even eat BK cheeseburgers.

Hope he gets to eat a ton of them.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siggers
posted Hide Post
Damn allergies

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless"

Posts: 690 | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Fuzzy monitor

Same here! Must be the pollen

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Great story, thanks for posting!

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Experiencing a weird mix of allergies and a smile at the same time...

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Damn decent of them. Don't do much fast food, but might have to make a point of stopping at BK next time I get the urge.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Outstanding story!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Such a small act, but I'm sure it means the world to the family. Since someone picked it up and ran a story about it, they just bought thousands and thousands worth of advertising and good will for $50 or less. Sometimes it pays to be a good person.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
"the world needs more kindness and empathy."

I couldn't agree more to this. Good for Burger King.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great story! Our Lab could always tell when we were near a Burger King Big Grin

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Good on all those who were \ are involved. Please adopt.

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
mostly good, hard-workin', good-hearted people around Toledo. And a few thugs. No chesseburgers for them.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It’s a small fucking thing to give a cheeseburger to a dog close to dying but may blessings follow that employee and manager wherever they go for the rest of their lives. Yeah fuzzy iPhone screen.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post