SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Francisco airport officials say there's a 'surge' of homeless people taking shelter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Francisco airport officials say there's a 'surge' of homeless people taking shelter Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
San Francisco - the only city where instead of humans worrying about stepping in dog poop, dogs have to worry about stepping in human poop!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The politicos are completely insulated from this shit, don't kid yourself.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Officials at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) are evaluating how to best address the growing issue of homeless people taking shelter in the air hub, the latest challenge stemming from the northern California city’s homelessness crisis.

Earlier this week, Fox 2 KTVU reported that SFO is experiencing a recent “surge” of homeless people taking refuge in the busy airport; many are said to arrive in the middle of the night via BART trains south from the city, as per the San Francisco Chronicle.

How convenient.
They are already at the airport... so put them on a one-way flight to someplace in South America. I hear Venezuela is nice.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
California Cities May Now Be Required To Keep 'Safe Parking Lots' Open For Homeless Camps

If a new law passes the Calfornia state assembly, major California cities will be required to keep and maintain "safe parking lots" for people who make their homes in cars and recreational vehicles.

Cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco are already struggling with unmanageable homelessness — largely the result of longstanding, left-leaning policies that prevent enforcing basic laws concerning things like public health and loitering.

The California state assembly, however, believes that the state's ever-increasing street communities are the result of a lack of affordable housing, so they want to do what they can to help those who choose "alternate" means of shelter, including living in cars, old RVs, and other moveable vehicles, by creating sustainable living communities in available parking lots.

CBS Sacramento reports that under Assembly Bill 891, which passed one house of California's legislature and is headed to the other, major cities and counties must "provide a safe parking lot, including access to bathrooms, to those with no place to stay."

The author of the bill says he believes it will help "transition" those living in homeless encampments to more permanent housing options, but it's not clear how.

"Establishing a safe parking program in California’s most populated cities and having at least one in each county will provide a safe place for vehicle dwelling," he told CBS. "These programs can be overseen and controlled by local entities, they will result in these vehicles being moved away from nightly street parking and into designated lots, and create a sense of normalcy for individuals who are living out of their vehicles. The goal of this measure is to help transition these individuals into more stable and permanent housing.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news...p-safe-emily-zanotti

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Good. Fuck'em.

They made their bed, they can now enjoy it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
So . . . I can live by the beach, like Rockford, and pay:

No lot rental
No township real estate tax
No county real estate tax
No township school tax
No sewer and rubbish fee

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
San Franshitsgo

they need to change road signs

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
The author of the bill says he believes it will help "transition" those living in homeless encampments to more permanent housing options, but it's not clear how.

He he...hahahaha...bwahahahaha! Goodness that is hilarious! I’m sure the homeless campers that take up residence will start looking for apartments as soon as they can hahaha. I’ve got the laugh sweats now Big Grin

At least these folks will stay busy...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
The politicos are finally seeing the results of their policies. Hopefully the folks who keep electing them wake up ...

I wouldn't hold my breath. If they'd had any damn sense they would not have elected the people they did in the first place.

Too late, "the folks who keep electing them" are probably now outnumbered by the human trash that has taken up residence there. See, the problem with THAT is that now the "folks who keep electing them" will move somewhere else, and not being a single IQ point smarter then they were the first go round, will begin electing idiots, liberals and communists in their new home...
See how this ends? Anybody remember the earth city in that class warfare movie "Elysium"? How about "Idiocracy"?

Yep. I live in Middle Tennessee, and we have shit tons of people moving here. Let me tell you, none of them are relocating from conservative areas.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
The politicos are completely insulated from this shit, don't kid yourself.

I see what you did there... Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Great job California! Keep it up. I hope every liberal, loser and freak in America head to Cal.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
The politicos are finally seeing the results of their policies. Hopefully the folks who keep electing them wake up to what their votes are responsible for. Not counting on it because everything gets nuttier by the year. The bums will always find a way.

I wish Trump would actually send the illegals to sanctuary cities. My life would become a little more chaotic but it would be worth it to watch the smug drain off my neighbors faces when they actually have to confront their policy preferences head on.

I've been commuting down to the East Bay the last 3-weeks and got another month more...driving up/down 80 and seeing all the tents and garbage, blowing in the wind, all the little encampments around Fruitvale and High St, I just smile. Reep it, those assholes need to smell and step in it.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post