SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bad court day for Clock Boy // Update: Another "bad" day. Judge throws out case against city
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad court day for Clock Boy // Update: Another "bad" day. Judge throws out case against city Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Kurt Schlichter of Schlichter & Shonack

Recognize any names there?

Jonny Carson's law firm...Or, was that Dewey Cheetum, and How?

The columnist I frequently post here from Townhall.com to mostly wide approval.

Carson's lawyer was Bombastic Bushkin.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Bet they will leave the country before they pay.

Not gonna take that bet.

I wouldn't (take that bet). Have you been to Qatar? I'd pay the fees and stay in Texas before I'd go back to that forsaken rathole.

Posts: 591 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Kurt Schlichter of Schlichter & Shonack

Recognize any names there?

Jonny Carson's law firm...Or, was that Dewey Cheetum, and How?

The columnist I frequently post here from Townhall.com to mostly wide approval.

Carson's lawyer was Bombastic Bushkin.

Yep, thought it was familiar and immediately thought of your posts.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
That POS Mohammed^2 needs to be dismissed from the USA.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Huum. I guess political correctness is not a cause of action after all.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The family is suing the city of Irving and the school district for $15 million.

I bet they're hoping the IISD will settle for some amount (maybe $1 million or so). But now I'd say the lawyers for the school district have some more leverage.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

I wish the little slithering worm would GTFO of the United States and never return.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck416:
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
quote:

Yes I have. You are thinking like an American though. People from that part of the world think living like that is normal.

Not gonna take that bet.

I wouldn't (take that bet). Have you been to Qatar? I'd pay the fees and stay in Texas before I'd go back to that forsaken rathole.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/k...oy-in-court-n2280520

On Thursday afternoon a Texas Judge dismissed a lawsuit filed against Daily Wire Editor-in-Chief Ben Shapiro by Mohammed Mohammed, the father of "clock boy" Ahmed Mohammed.

Claiming defamation, Mohammed filed the lawsuit in October 2015 after Shapiro made an appearance on The Kelly File questioning Ahmed's story and motives surrounding a clock he brought to school that looked like a bomb. Ahmed was detained by police for the "clock" and was suspended. His family, who has ties to foreign regimes sponsoring terrorism, and CAIR promptly accused the school of Islamophobia and racial profiling.

Today, they were defeated in their quest to silence those who exposed them as activists, terror sympathizers and politically motivated.

According to the ruling, Shapiro is entitled to attorneys fees, court costs and other expenses from Mohammed. Payment must made within 14 days.

The clock is running!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
These kids blow up so quickly these days.....

tac

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
These kids blow up so quickly these days.....

tac

An oldie but goodie.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Another bad day for clock boy

note: this thread originally was about a lawsuit against Ben Shapiro. The lawsuit against the city was still ongoing. Until now .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ock-boy-lawsuit.html

Judge dismisses 'clock boy' lawsuit saying the school didn't discriminate against Ahmed Mohamed

A federal judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by Ahmed Mohamed's father, saying the family will not get a payout from the city of Irving, Texas or the school district

Mohamed filed a Federal lawsuit against the City of Irving, Texas and Irving Independent School District accusing them of violating his son's civil rights.

a judge dismissed the entire case. The lawsuit sought unspecified compensatory and punitive damages along with attorney fees.

The judge wrote: 'Plaintiff does not allege any facts from which this court can reasonably infer that any IISD employee intentionally discriminated against Ahmed Mohamed based on his race or religion.'

When the lawsuit was first filed in 2016, the district hit back at the Mohamed family's allegations saying Ahmed deliberately disobeyed his teacher by activating the clock despite her warning.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Payment must made within 14 days.

Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

You are terrible.

(And I am ashamed of myself for laughing Smile )

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Timeout for Clockmed Wink

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"In October 2015, the family decided to move to Qatar, where Mohamed plans to continue his education in the capital city Doha with a scholarship from the Qatar Foundation for Education and will attend Qatar Academy."

So this is just an effort by the family and their lawyers to suck as much out of "The Great Satan" as possible. They are laughing at us in Qatar (well known Garden of Eden-like Muslim utopia)

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I've never been to Qatar. I see no reason to change that.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

It's Qatar to three.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DEC505
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pull their passports, and throw their butts in jail if they fail to pay.

Hell has no fury like a liberal
confronted with reality

Posts: 814 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's a shame. I was really pulling for the little son of a bitch.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post