SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bad court day for Clock Boy // Update: Another "bad" day. Judge throws out case against city
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad court day for Clock Boy // Update: Another "bad" day. Judge throws out case against city Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/k...oy-in-court-n2280520

On Thursday afternoon a Texas Judge dismissed a lawsuit filed against Daily Wire Editor-in-Chief Ben Shapiro by Mohammed Mohammed, the father of "clock boy" Ahmed Mohammed.

Claiming defamation, Mohammed filed the lawsuit in October 2015 after Shapiro made an appearance on The Kelly File questioning Ahmed's story and motives surrounding a clock he brought to school that looked like a bomb. Ahmed was detained by police for the "clock" and was suspended. His family, who has ties to foreign regimes sponsoring terrorism, and CAIR promptly accused the school of Islamophobia and racial profiling.

Today, they were defeated in their quest to silence those who exposed them as activists, terror sympathizers and politically motivated.

According to the ruling, Shapiro is entitled to attorneys fees, court costs and other expenses from Mohammed. Payment must made within 14 days.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Now that is some good news!

Thanks for posting.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Ha ha.

Please go away and stay away this time. Mad

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Damn, that's funny! I wonder what the cost tally is?

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

Please go away and stay away this time. Mad

Yes!!!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Ha Ha! Now GTFO!

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Payment must made within 14 days.

Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Ha Ha! Now GTFO!

But pay your bill before running back to Qatar.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
There is more:

quote:
"Ben Shapiro has always been a steadfast advocate of the First Amendment and there was never any doubt he was going to stand up for his right to speak freely," Shapiro's attorney Kurt Schlichter of Schlichter & Shonack LLP in Los Angeles tells Townhall. "I’m very grateful that the state of Texas takes the first amendment seriously,I only wish my own state of California would do the same, especially after the fiasco at Berkeley yesterday.”

Recognize any names there?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Payment must made within 14 days.

Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

And yes, Mohammed Mohammed, you should be very familiar with how said clock works as it also spins counter clockwise.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Kurt Schlichter of Schlichter & Shonack

Jonny Carson's law firm...Or, was that Dewey Cheetum, and How?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Time is up boy!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Tick... tick... BOOM!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bet they will leave the country before they pay.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Probably too late, but the judge should have ordered them to turn over their passports!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
here is more detail

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...-shapiro-ben-shapiro

My read of the court order is a bit different than the original post.

The court order says Shapiro has to provide his costs to the court within 14 days. I didn't see a time period for payment.

The family is suing the city of Irving and the school district for $15 million.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Wonder if he finds this verdict alarming?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
There is more:

quote:
"Ben Shapiro has always been a steadfast advocate of the First Amendment and there was never any doubt he was going to stand up for his right to speak freely," Shapiro's attorney Kurt Schlichter of Schlichter & Shonack LLP in Los Angeles tells Townhall. "I’m very grateful that the state of Texas takes the first amendment seriously,I only wish my own state of California would do the same, especially after the fiasco at Berkeley yesterday.”

Absotively!

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
When that kid grows up he's going to try to come back with some better clocks.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Bet they will leave the country before they pay.

Not gonna take that bet.

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post