SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    another Paypal question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

another Paypal question. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
I had a seller send an inv. I paid it. But it is in "pending status".
Also I do not see that there is the 3% pp fee indicated. Should I be concerned?

Thanks

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If you paid via "Friends/Family", then there is no fee. Otherwise, there should be a fee. Not sure why you should be concerned. Are you suspecting a scam or something?

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fee is paid by the seller, so it will show up on the seller's account, not yours.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
The seller pays the fee.
Did you pay with a CC, or an eCheck (EFT) from your bank account? eChecks take longer than CC payments, and the fee is lower to the seller.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
The fee is paid by the seller, so it will show up on the seller's account, not yours.

Exactly. But, the buyer is really the one paying the fee. Seller is not dumb to absorb the fee himself. He passes it on to the buyer.
So, the question for orc is, did seller tell you to pay so and so amount plus the 3.5% or whatever fee? If so, and you paid said amount, then there's nothing to be concerned about.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Ok guys that makes sense. I am the buyer. Not really worried other than i thought i would see the fee on my end.

How long does it stay pending.

I paid partly with a balance then the remaining amount via cc.

Thanks guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Pending until the payee "accepts" the transfer.

I have had some transactions sit for almost 2 weeks, and sent a few emails to get them to finish the transaction.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about "pending", it will clear when the seller accepts/processes it. I bought a lens from Canon USA last week, took days to change from "pending".

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post