SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dog friendly hotel near Memphis
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dog friendly hotel near Memphis Login/Join 
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted
My wife and I are moving to Tennessee soon. We hired a moving company but are driving our cars with my guns and ammo out there. We are trying to keep the daily driving to 8 hours or so. We have 2 65lb dogs as well.

That puts us in Memphis. I hear its a shithole of high order. I will bring my guns into the room, but I need to know good areas in or around Memphis.

Thanks
Jaycat

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
La Quinta is my favorite. Don't know if they are around Memphis.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
La Quinta is my favorite. Don't know if they are around Memphis.

https://www.lq.com/en/hotel-se...17-9c14-f90fb6254de8

They say they are pet friendly.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
The only area I’d stay near Memphis is Germantown or Bartlett. They have big problems with gun thefts from vehicles, gun stores, and homes.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I usually always check here first when I opt to take Louie with me. Bring Fido I've found their reviews to be pretty accurate too.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
aloft hotels are dog friendly without fees and my favorite. They are a W hotel brand.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Stay away from any Extended Stay America hotels. I did a short stint as a District Manager with them. Just stay away.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
We always stay at LaQuinta whenever possible. You can also check the web site bringfido.com
for information about dog friendly hotels and restaurants in the area where you are going to be

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several choices off I40/Germantown Rd on east side of Memphis exits 16A/B. Safest area to stop. Also, if you’re heading east, let’s you avoid the horrendous morning traffic.

Posts: 767 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Another vote for LaQuinta, Use them 99% of the time because I know they take dogs, don't have to do stop and goes from other motels especially when I'm tired.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Homewood Suites is my go-to for trips with my dog.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don't mention where you are starting from. Would it be possible to get second drivers for both of you and drive straight on through? I can't imagine carrying a bunch of guns into a motel room and having to load them back in the cars the next morning without arousing suspicion or interest in them and the cars left down in the lot. If that doesn't work, why not stop before or after Memphis since Memphis seems to be a crime problem. My late brother and I once drove 1200 miles this way and 1000 miles the second day.

Posts: 1499 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I like the Drury Inn Southhaven. It is located on the TN/MS border. It is pet friendly.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Stay away from any Extended Stay America hotels. I did a short stint as a District Manager with them. Just stay away.

Anything you can expand on? I travel some but some of my co-workers live on the road, most of their life is spent in hotels. If there is a place they need to avoid I would like to let them know.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Anything you can expand on? I travel some but some of my co-workers live on the road, most of their life is spent in hotels. If there is a place they need to avoid I would like to let them know.

Yep...

This chain is known for paying exceptionally low wages and hiring pretty much whatever walks thru the door. I would sit in on weekly ops meetings and be shocked at the number of Bed Bug incidents sites had. This is primarily because the chain seeks out customers who have limited resources and will stay wherever they can afford.

The above is all available via Google. Anything more specific and I'd be happy to answer via email.

To add - Any hotel chain that requires you pay for your room in advance, a week at a time, is a hotel chain I am likely to avoid.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post