SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommend A Good Pocket Knife
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend A Good Pocket Knife Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I'd like to have a very small, flat pocket knife that clips to my pants pocket, been meaning to get one for years and I'm just tired of running into those situations where you could have really used a knife to help open something.

Not looking for super expensive fancy models, just something decent, small, light and flat for $50 or under let's say.

Needs to have blade 3.5 inches or under due to employer regulations.

Thanks!

Posts: 33605 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are many that fit your needs, but you cant go wrong with Spyderco. Might be over your budget though.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Kershaw Leek or Blur models should be available for 50 or less.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
There are many that fit your needs, but you cant go wrong with Spyderco. Might be over your budget though.

I could go up, maybe make it a Christmas present from the wife or something. What are we talking about pricewise and what model do you like?

Posts: 33605 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of these and just LOVE them. I have also given them as very well received gifts.

Shop around a bit, I think I paid $10-$12 each for mine.

https://www.crkt.com/pazoda.html

ETA: As it turns out, I have one new-in-box that I'll happily instant Karma to you if you would like it. Just send your address to my email in profile.

Rock of the Marne!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Spyderco Para3 Lightweight....perfection.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Kershaw Chive for a pretty short & think knife.
Kershaw Scallion for a bit more length & just a bit wider.

Owned both, lost the Scallion & they didn't have one when I bought the Chive.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d suggest taking a look at Kershaw brand knives. There will be plenty of options in your price-point and this will allow you to find one That closely matches your preference for shape and size.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Sooooo many to chose from, in so many different configurations.

You could do an easy search on places like knifecenter with your parameters.

That being said, some of the Buck Vantage folders are in your range and offer a good value from one of the original USA knife makers.

$.02 worth.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a Spyderco Delica or a Zero Tolerance 0350 every day. The Zero Tolerance has been finding its way into my pocket more often.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spyderco:
Tenacious. Endura. Delica. Bug,
My Endura has the Emerson Wave opener.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Kershaw Onion about 5 yrs ago. Made in the USA and I think around 30.00. Not sure if it is still offered.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
These SOG knifes are thin and sound like they fit your description.

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--SOG-Access-Card--787

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I have this one just for that reason, a small flat pocket knife with a clip.

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw...id=1602700318&sr=8-3

Even cheaper here, and I have one of the blems, and I have been carrying it for a few years.

https://kershawguy.com/product...-seconds/chive-blem/

Almost lost my Chris Reeve so i decided to go with one of these.

Thanks,

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I'd like to have a very small, flat pocket knife that clips to my pants pocket, been meaning to get one for years and I'm just tired of running into those situations where you could have really used a knife to help open something.

Not looking for super expensive fancy models, just something decent, small, light and flat for $50 or under let's say.

Needs to have blade 3.5 inches or under due to employer regulations.

Thanks!

WORKPRO (link below) ... This is exactly what you're looking for. I have three of these (comes as three piece set). One in the kitchen ... opening bags and boxes of all sorts of frozen and fresh packages. One in my computer room office ... opening delivered packages and general utility. And one in reserve not used but could toss in a tool box or something.

Stainless steel, doesn't rust, rinses clean. I haven't had to replace a single blade yet, in 2yrs of almost daily use. I just use one of those little carbide kife & tool sharpeners that have the "V" shaped carbides and you just stroke the blade edge a few times. The blade is simple and inexpensive to change when necessary though.

Small, flat, light weight, clips to pocket and 3 piece set is under $20. WIN

Link ... https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: I literally have DOZENS of pocket knives and use these WORKPROs more than anything else when opening packages and bags.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Kershaw Cryo $23 after Prime Day 25% off deal

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074FI28Q/

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10919 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Another vote for CRKT here, I carried a now discontinued Ichi assisted opener for many years and recently retired it for a CRKT Piet, it’s not a AO, however I can flick it open just as well. CRKT knives come with a very nice edge from the factory and typically all I have ever had to do after heavy use is give it a couple of swipes with a ceramic stick to restore the edge.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just curious why a pocket clip?

I have a couple and after having them accidentally dislodged too many times just put them in my pocket. Then the clip is just a nuisance.

I'm that case I recommend a Victorinox Swiss Army. It has a blade plus all the other useful gadgets.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Light and under fifty bucks?

Kershaw Emerson.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kershaw Skyline is my go to. https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw...y%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-1

It’s extremely light and keeps a decent edge. When I catch them on sale in the $30 range I buy them for gifts. Everyone I’ve given them to has loved them.

I just recently found my original one that spend 7 years in the garden so I have an extra. Drop me an email and I’ll mail you one.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post