SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommend A Good Pocket Knife
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend A Good Pocket Knife Login/Join 
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Kershaw Cryo $23 after Prime Day 25% off deal

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074FI28Q/

That was my exact carry for several years before I bought my current, a Launch 11 also by Kershaw.

That Cryo is tough to beat in their price range.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

ETA: As it turns out, I have one new-in-box that I'll happily instant Karma to you if you would like it. Just send your address to my email in profile.

Rock of the Marne!

Why thank you from one former 3d ID Soldier to another! I'll email you later.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I've been super happy with small Kershaws. Super sharp, fit as you described and inexpensive enough you won't lose your mind when you lose your knife.

But an insta-karma CRKT is nice as well.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Kershaw Leek

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I have this Keisha’s and love it and it fits your criteria.

https://kershawguy.com/product...ainless-1660-blem-2/

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still Waters Run Deep
Picture of Quicksand
posted Hide Post
2.4 oz, ultra slim, assisted oppening

https://sogknives.com/slimjim-satin/

---------------
-Quicksand-

Posts: 2326 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Stainless Spyderco from Seki City is what you seek!

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
They don't have clips, but a Swiss Army knife might be good for you.

Another choice would be either a Spyderco Delica (but would be more like $80). A Spyderco Dragonfly would be a little smaller and close to $50. In fact, if you need a small knife, the Dragonfly is the "biggest" small knife you can get, I think. They perform all out of proportion to their size.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I have a Kershaw assisted, love this knife...
https://www.bladehq.com/item--...w-Cryo-1555Ti--11101

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boker Mini Kalashnikov Automatic.
Blade HQ has them for $38 + 5 for shipping.

Posts: 110 | Location: florida | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Someone on here sent me a Tenacious and I still haven't sharpened it. Love that thing.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Spyderco Centofante 3
Lionsteel Thrill
Al Mar Hawk
Kershaw Skyline
Benchmade Bugout

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Light and under fifty bucks?

Kershaw Emerson.

THIS

Knives are tools, and I've lost many, many knives over the years so, the days of carrying around a $300 craft folder are over. I do like a good knife but, I'm not making precision cuts or, looking to storm the gates of Jerusalem with a folder. I want it for utility and should the need arise, a get-the-fuck-off-me slice & punch blade so, Emerson wins. Proven knife maker in a value package.
This is what I've been carrying over the last year, Kershaw Emerson CQC-K

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chance favors only
the prepared mind.
Picture of Dad250
posted Hide Post
I carry 2 daily - a Swiss Army Cadet which has a black aluminum case - one blade, two openers/screw drivers and a nail file - The other is a razor sharp Kershaw by Lee Williams.

Nice complementary pair - one is utility and the other is business.

SIG P229 9mm
Springfield Armory XD-9 9mm

AUT PAX, AUT BELLUM

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Posts: 550 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
SOG Slim Jim. https://sogknives.com/slim-jim-black-clam-pack/ If you don't need it to open fast. I would say it is more of a "semi-" assisted opening. A faster opening knife of about the same size is the Kershaw Leek. Either are in the $50 range. I have both.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Another choice would be either a Spyderco Delica (but would be more like $80). A Spyderco Dragonfly would be a little smaller and close to $50. In fact, if you need a small knife, the Dragonfly is the "biggest" small knife you can get, I think. They perform all out of proportion to their size.

Solid suggestions. Couldn't go wrong with any of them. In fact, my daily carry knife that I use for all utility tasks is a Swiss Army Day Hiker. No need for a pocket clip as it rides comfortably in the coin pocket of my jeans, and it doesn't draw any attention when using it.

That said, I'll put in my vote for a Spyderco Paramilitary 2. That's basically the "get a Glock 19" answer of the pocket knife world, but that's for a good reason. Yes, it's out of the budget you're talking, but if you buy one and hate it, you'll be able to turn around and sell it or trade it without problem.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have this model Kershaw Leek, it' slim, solid, and will take a really sharp edge.

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw...ltiple/dp/B083XRN8N9

Posts: 763 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:

EDIT: I literally have DOZENS of pocket knives and use these WORKPROs more than anything else when opening packages and bags.

Ah, come on, Hobbs. You're being modest. I've seen your threads in The Essential Edge. You must have dozens of dozens!

To the point, though, I have a bunch, too, and I use an Olfa snap-blade retractable more than any of my knives.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I agree on the Dragonfly; I have a couple and they are as you describe. But I carry an even smaller one, the Butterfly, daily, irrespective of anything else I carry. It is surprisingly useful, and truly disappears in your pocket.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying a Case pocket knife for years and I hardly know it's there. A clip just adds bulk and gets in the way.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post