SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Encounter with a door to door climate change warrior
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Encounter with a door to door climate change warrior Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted
Yesterday I'm at my daughters house playing with my grandson and the doorbell rings. I assume its a delivery but I'm greeted by a professionally dressed middle aged woman. She opens her spiel with something like: "do you agree that weather events are controlled by your creator?"

I replied: "I'm sure weather events are naturally caused"

Lots of back and forth with her hanging her hat on every warmers checklist, and me responding with: UN control agenda, Antarctic sea ice, change being natural, University of East Anglia.

This woman was possibly the least flappable person I've been around. When I opened the door, I had ahold of my daughters middle sized dog who is going nuts at the stranger. She took no action to protect herself, or evaluate if I was going to successfully restrain the dog. She didn't really look at the dog. She spewed her talking points like a robot until she tired of not meeting her agenda goals when she said: "this has apparently upset you" and I closed the door.

At one point she asked me if I counted on my creator to repair the damage man had caused to the climate. This to me indicated that she was basing her spiel on a false agenda, because someone who thought god would fix it would never have to worry about it. I think her spiel was well polished to encompass many positions and viewpoints, and allowed her to move to her agenda points regardless of the initial reaction.

I was caught off guard being at my daughters since they never get solicitors. In my neighborhood, they have to be permitted and be sporting visible identification. I should have asked her to identify herself and her organization first thing.

An indicator of how determined and organized the GDC are. I suspect soros money behind her.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
These work for me, most of the time:

]

When they don’t work, my first statement upon opening the door is “can you read?”

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Does anybody still feel that AGW isn’t a religion?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Why did you engage?

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Why did you engage?

I suppose I needed a lesson.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not too long ago, I had two Jehovah's Witness chicks who were determined to keep me from roasting in hell. One of them looked about 14 years old. During the spiel, I watched her.
She was visibly frightened. I felt bad that she was being dragged around door to door to push the JW agenda.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"It is a well know scientific fact solar flares are the main reason for this climate change that have been documented for the last 100 years of a planet more than 10,000 years old. When the UN figures out how to control these solar flares, they will like finish their goal of controlling the world's population through a manufactured hysteria."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I live to tell people to go away.
I usually start with, what’s your address so I can come bug you while you are doing serious shit.

My little one heard me say, “do you have thin mints?” one day, he jumps up thinking we are gonna devour a sleeve of those delicious chocolaty goodness, only to see me shutting the door in someone’s face.

When I explained that the guy who just rang the bell wasn’t selling thin mints, Tommy said that it just a s well you shut the door...

I guess I’m parenting well.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I have a large profesionally made NO SOLICITING sign on my front door. That storm door is tinted so I can see out and you cannot see in. It's also a security door with three latches. And the glass is the same as a windshield on an automobile so even a hard strike and you won't break it. If someone has the balls to ring the bell in the day I open up the front door, look through the storm door then shut the front door. They always leave. If someone persists I'll have a firearm slung and open up the door.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Two of those idiots pushing some cult came right into my garage this Sunday while I was cleaning it.

I was listening to music while I worked and my daughter and her boyfriend had just gotten home so when I saw something out of the corner of my eye near the entrance of the garage I just thought it was them. Well, when it registered that it wasn't them I went into full berserker mode and grabbed my tomahawk that happened to be on the top of my toolbox in front of me. I swung around with that thing held high all the while screaming "HOLYFUCKINGHELL"

Turns out the man and woman ignored all of my no soliciting signs and came onto my property, all the way up my driveway, and then into my garage to tell me that I'M the one needing saved. I told them if he had been any closer he'd of been the one needing saved. After that he still asked if he could come in.

I said, "what do you fucking think? Get off my lawn." and went back to work.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, 1987, my girlfriend is living with me in my apartment. There's a knock on my door and it's two women in their twenties, telling me that fornication outside of marriage is a sin and living with a woman to whom I'm not married is a sin, and the Bible says this and the Bible says that. I've always suspected a neighbor of mine who lived in the apartment below me. She was a spinster and I doubt she ever saw a dick in her life and wanted everyone to be as miserable as she was. I imagine she may have even heard a thing or two coming though her ceiling. he he
These two gals were probably from her church. Anyhoo, I listened to a good bit of it and never said a word to them, then I slammed the door in their faces when one of them was casually leaning against the door frame. WHAMMM!! Man, that felt so good.
These self-righteous meddlers had the gall to go over to the leasing office and complain to the manager, who was a cool old guy. "He slammed the door really hard and almost hit me with it!" He asked them what they were doing bothering a resident when there were signs clearly posted about no soliciting, then told them to leave.

Anyway, this thread made me think of that, that's all.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
A large No Trespassing sign works for me.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
There is no such thing as a "conversation" about the climate topic as all they say is > YOU are wrong, THEY are right and no in between.
After all 637% of all scientists agree and if you don't you are a DENIER.
{sigh} so why bother discussing it with them > none.
OUT!

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
My daughter has a very large extremely protective Newfie Rottweiler mix who takes his job as director of security very seriously. Door knockers rarely get close enough to even see her No Soliciting sign. Mad

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
The "Climate Change" alarmist mentioned in the OP, and folks who go door to door pushing their religion have something in common. They actually believe they're going to change the minds of people by doing so.

When Jesus commanded His followers to go out and spread the gospel, did He really mean doing this kind of thing? I mean, we all know (or should know) that actions speak louder than words. One of the main problems with Climate Change missionaries is their actions fly in the opposite direction of their words. Think the new home of the Obamas, and the travel arrangements of Greta Thunberg and her family. It's the same as folks who go door to door promoting their religions - what do their day-to-day lives say about their belief system? I actually believe when Jesus commanded His disciples to spread the good news it could have meant that they should live a life comparable with His, and people would actually inquire of them what the secret is of their tremendous attitudes with regard to forgiveness, and excellent life skills, etc.

But, it is actually easier to tell others how they should live, than to actually live that way yourself.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
grabbed my tomahawk that happened to be on the top of my toolbox in front of me. I swung around with that thing held high all the while screaming "HOLYFUCKINGHELL"

Ha HA that's a great visual

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Not a “climate warrior” but damn JWs banged on my front door, after driving 200-feet down my driveway in a rural section of the county that has no sidewalks.

Had my Glock30S in my hand as I answered the door.

M::What do you want?

JWs: Do you feel sad about the world situation?

M: No. Get. The. Hell. Off. My. Property. NOW!!!

Next time, it’ll be my Mossberg 500 carried at port-arms while on my property.

Mad

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyhoo, I listened to a good bit of it and never said a word to them, then I slammed the door in their faces when one of them was casually leaning against the door frame. WHAMMM!! Man, that felt so good.

I've used this approach as well. Another of my favorites is to close the door very slowly while locking on their eyes with a death stare as soon as they start the spiel.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I look thru the peephole, tell them: "wait a minute" then grab the 12 gauge Shockwave when I answer the door.

It's fun to see their eyes get real wide and they walk away.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I wonder if these people have "no trespassing" or "no soliciting" signs on their houses. After all, nobody likes random strangers coming up to their door and bugging them.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post