SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Encounter with a door to door climate change warrior
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Encounter with a door to door climate change warrior Login/Join 
My only apparent accomplishment in life is being banned from an ancient forum
posted Hide Post
My wife is unfailing polite to the JWs and Mormons. Telling them no thanks, we like our church, yadda yadda, etc.

I on the other hand am not. The last group of Mormons that came to my door had me point to the sign that says "No Soliciting, Politics, or Religon" and told them to read it as I slammed the door in their faces. My wife was pissed at me and I still don't care. The sign is polite, if you ignore it, then fuck your feelings.

Posts: 166 | Location: Washington State | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 40+ years ago a friend of mine and I were renting a house in the Seattle area. There were a couple of elderly ladies that kept coming by to invite us to church. As my friend worked nights we tried politely to ask them not to come back. That request fell on deaf ears.

My friend ended it for good. After the knock he opened the door with a cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other.... oh he was buck naked as well. They never came back.

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Not too long ago, I had two Jehovah's Witness chicks who were determined to keep me from roasting in hell. One of them looked about 14 years old. During the spiel, I watched her.
She was visibly frightened. I felt bad that she was being dragged around door to door to push the JW agenda.

I work for a prominent Jehovah family for 3 decades. One fringe benefit is when the Jehovah's come calling I know most of them. When I don't know them I politely tell them I'm secure in my faith, and that usually shuts them down. Having an 85 pound lab by the collar helps too.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I just tell them not interested and close the door in their face. That's if they heard me over the 3 dogs barking.

If I wanted to be lectured, I'd go to class or listen to my wife...

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure 79% of the bothersome morons don’t know what “soliciting” means...

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Used to have a neighbor who had a Fila Brasileiro & sign stating he wasn’t responsible for solicitors or their medical & therapy fees after entering upon his property.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
In my neighborhood, they have to be permitted and be sporting visible identification

This is how it is in our town. They have to go to city hall and have a background check ran. Its a misdemeanor if they knock on the door that is posted or don't have city issued id in plain sight.

I haven't reported anyone yet. I found using your pistol to point out the sign in the door works very well.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silent:
About 40+ years ago a friend of mine and I were renting a house in the Seattle area. There were a couple of elderly ladies that kept coming by to invite us to church. As my friend worked nights we tried politely to ask them not to come back. That request fell on deaf ears.

My friend ended it for good. After the knock he opened the door with a cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other.... oh he was buck naked as well. They never came back.

Silent

Funny you mentioned this. I did something almost similar to some JWs but I kept my shorts on.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post