SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bluetooth is gone after W10 1903 update.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluetooth is gone after W10 1903 update. Login/Join 
Picture of powermad
posted
After the update it completely removed the Qualcomm BT.
When I go into device manager and then BT it is not there to uninstall.
Which is what the trouble shooting says to do to get it working again.
I tried to install BT again but it didn't take.
None of the windows troubleshooting is working and apparently this is a known issue.

Is it possible to restore it to the previous version of windows or am I screwed till MS figures this out?

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Try a restore to an earlier date before the update.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bluetooth is gone after W10 1903 update

{snip} Microsoft has detailed a workaround using System File Checker in the command prompt (sfc /scannow) to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://www.forbes.com/sites/g...ows-10/#69d1682d67f2

https://www.bleepingcomputer.c...eakers-connectivity/

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Let's go back a notch.

When you go to Device Manager, have you enabled the option to see disabled/hidden devices?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Let's go back a notch.

When you go to Device Manager, have you enabled the option to see disabled/hidden devices?

0-0

I just did that and it not there either.
Will try the sfc next.
A lot of this is unfamiliar to me and I'm learning as I go.
My work laptop is nearly identical but has W10 v1803.
I checked it just to see what I'm supposed to be seeing and determined that it's a qualcomm wireless and BT not Realtek
Thanks.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Well, you are ahead of me. My machine won't successfully load 1903. And not for lack of trying. I have done clean-ups, run the MS Update Repair Tool, tried loading it from the MS Update website, and tried any manner of other fixes that don't involve me screwing with the registry.

No workee.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I rolled it back to the previous version and it's back to the way it was.

Good grief, not updating again till that's all worked out.

Thanks