SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another good guy going to Hospice :(
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another good guy going to Hospice :( Login/Join 
posted
Wayne has had five doctors monitoring him for 8 years, he's 71 now and was diagnosed w/ parkinson's , 8 years ago.

Doctors appointments "O" plenty , at least four per month by one doc or another .

well 5 days ago they put him in hospice , seems he has in-operable Mega Cancer in and around his liver vicinity.

10 days to two weeks and he is out.

How does one have cancer for a year or three w/o one of four doctors seeing it?

Trish ( his wife is a wreck )
they just got moved in too assisted living quarters 4 days prior.

its good she did not have to make that move by herself.

sorry for the downer thread

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that.
Parkinsons is a terrible disease by itself, the cancer is just a kick in the gonads on top of it.

I wonder if all his doctors got so focused on treating his existing conditions that they stopped looking for new ones.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3850 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to read of this. I will keep him, his wife, and you in my prayers.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I hope Wayne, Trish, family, and friends find peace and comfort during this trying time.

Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poor chap. Prayers are in order.
My dad has Parkinsons - it pains me to see such a once-active man slowly deteriorate. It is truly horrible.

Posts: 277 | Location: Malta, Europe | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. My father in law had a physical and was given a clean bill of health.

6 weeks later he was dead from cancer. All internal organs were involved.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because each doctor assumed the other doctors should have noticed it.

Posts: 2540 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
This is terrible, and I feel for he and his wife.

Sometimes I think we all feel that doctors are something greater than human, and thus should be all knowing and seeing.

Sounds like they just weren't looking for cancer.

Prayers sent.

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should think a full blood work up would show abnormal signs of a cancer in the body.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I obviously know nothing of the case or what signs or symptoms the gentleman might have displayed.

What i can say is that tragically cancers of the hepato-biliary system (liver, gall bladder, pancreas....) for example often do not announce themselves till they cause obstructive symptoms such as jaundice, when it's often quite late.

This is unfortunately true of many of the internally manifesting malignancies. Which can often show up quite late with bowel obstructions, unexplained weight loss, general malaise, ill defined pain, the development of ascites (fluid in the belly) or signs which develop from metastasis to other organs or structures.

Cancer sucks!

Posts: 5900 | Location: southern california | Registered: April 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for Wayne, Trish and family. Cancer is a horrible disease. Yesterday I attended a funeral of a good friend, who battled the disease for a year.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you for the fond thoughts prayers and well wishes.

The best boss I ever had didn't feel well at work one day ( he was 78)
went to the doc , then the hosp for tests
He passed away ten days later from a cancer brain tumor.

But he had four skin lesions removed over a 7 year period , down in Phoenix.

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
your prayers helped,
he passed peacefully, comfortably with family by his side , three days ago.